Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kissing at 3?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:36 AM
  • 26 Replies
My son is 3 and in preschool, and as I drop him off this morning I am told that he has been kissing his friends. When I ask if it is the girls I am told no its the boys only and he kisses them on the lips. Ok well I as mommy kiss him on his lips so that I can see but why does he only kiss his friends that are boys?
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't read too much into it, he is only 3. I would just explain what type of effectionate is apporpiate at what times. Maybe he could give them high fives instead?
Tannaris
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just tell him to save his kisses for mom and dad at home. Likely just a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM

i agree

Quoting Tannaris: I would just tell him to save his kisses for mom and dad at home. Likely just a phase.

family car

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:14 PM

I agree as well, maybe he thinks kisses are a normal way of showing greeting or showing you like someone etc (as in a friend)

Quoting timon95:

i agree

Quoting Tannaris: I would just tell him to save his kisses for mom and dad at home. Likely just a phase.

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:20 PM

This

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM
He likely just sees kissing someone as a normal greeting. I wouldn't take it too seriously or make him feel like he's done something wrong. Does he know how to high five? If not, teach him and tell him it's a super fun way to say hi to our friends.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM
This

Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:37 PM
To him, kisses are probably normal. I agree with the others.
bresmommy21
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:39 PM

This!!!

motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM

I second this ! Sounds like a harmless phase just remind him not everyone wants to kiss him and not to kiss anyone in school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)