Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter will be 28 months & NOT POTTY TRAINED YET!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:57 PM
  • 41 Replies

According to the checklist of potty training readiness, she doesnt pass it totally as in:-

1) she doesnt say she needs to Potty or Pee!

2) She sits on the potty but doesnt do anything....

TO THE CONTRARY:-

1) she keeps dry all night.

2) she tries to remove her diaper when she is not wearing pants.

3) She would touch her dirty diaper when she has done her potty in it-trying to show to me that something is irritating her...

NOW what under these circumstances can I do??

How do I train her??

Additional info:-

when my daughter was 18 months, she would keep dry all night and in the morning when i would put her on the potty, she would pee in that... and that's all about it... no pee or poo all day long...

BUT yes, when i would make her sit on potty some time during the evening, she would pee in the potty but at the same time she would pee and poo in her diaper too... like she couldnt voluntarily stop it.

Please tell me how I can train her under these circumstances. I mean she used to pee at 18 months, then cause of chnage of place, she stopped...totally stopped. and till now she is not peeing in the pot... what TO DO??

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
She doesn't sound ready. Average age for readiness is 3.
wife-4-life
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd3 is 26 months and not potty trained. My dd1 was 4 months away from turning 3 when she was 100% potty trained and my dd2 was 3yrs 2mon when she potty trained. Each kid is different. I wouldn't force it. My kids GI dr said kids are normally ready until around 3 and some even later (and obviously some are earlier).

My dd1 started showing signs at 18mon. Then regressed. Then wanted to try again at 2 and then regressed. Third time was when she finally got it. We had convinced her that the new baby needed her diapers and she was more than happy to give the diaper up and was 100% potty trained in like 3 days.
My dd2 started showing signs at 2 and then regressed. We didn't force it and then just after she turned 3 she decided she wanted to be potty trained and was 100% potty trained in 2 days - oth occasional accidents here and there at first).
My dd3 will go potty on the toilet 1 or 2 times a day but that's it. I can't get her to do more so I won't be pushing it.
mamamedic69
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Each child is different. My oldest son wasn't potty trained until 2 1/2 and my youngest son was trained at 18 months. My oldest dd was potty trained at almost 3 and my youngest dd was trained at 3 years 3 months.

Take her cues but don't push and she'll get it.
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine all were potty trained a week before they turned 3 years old.

drmkj
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Seriously after listening to you guys, I feel I have a load off my brain... I was totally stressing out and then my husband being a doctor was constantly saying oh she is 2 years old and you aren't trying enough.....!!! Thank you moms... U guys saved my sanity!! Love u all
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM

She is still young. You just wait until she is ready. I recomend a dvd thats on Amazon.com. Its called Potty Power. Very cheesey to us adults but for them its cool. Shows real kids sitting on the potty. My youngest will be 3 in September and we are just introducing. She has only peed in the potty once but i dont think she realized she did. But we did make a big deal out of it. 

She will not sit on the two potty chairs that we have. She sits on her Dora The Exploror seat on the grown up potty. She doesnt understand sticker charts or any of that junk yet but we do keep M&Ms on hand for when she does go. Even though its all new to her I take her every 30 mins and sit her on the toilet for a few mins each time. We read a book or sings songs etc. while we wait  i also put real underwear on her. There will be accidents but it helps them learn and understand whats going on. Just give it time

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:52 PM

I think she is ready but may need some motivation. Do you have a sticker chart or a prize system?

blapier
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Haha calm down mama she's fine, also just because she's physically ready, doesn't mean she's mentally ready. Dd had all the signs she was ready at 2. And a couple weeks before her 4th birthday was she potty trained she wears underwear now all day and night and we are still having issues with her pooping on the potty. But I know she'll get there. Its completely normal mama, they're ready when they're ready:)
goddess99
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM

She's just not ready yet.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:04 PM

I would try again in a few months :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)