Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 3 yo suddenly scared of baths

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:42 PM
  • 30 Replies
Anyone else been through this. My dd will be 3 in June and recently is terrified of taking a bath. Just two weeks ago she loved them and now she fights me when she has to take one. I could use some advice if anyone has gone through this. Thanks.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Is there anything that happened like did someone else give her a bath during that time?

It can be anything really like a bad dream or something she saw on TV.
StarLight23
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Have you tried asking him what is the matter?

One of the things kids worry about is that they will be sucked down the pipe with the water.

somemore83
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Unfortunately she is not verbal enough to tell me why she's scared. I am the only one that gives her a bath, but she usually takes one with her sister that is almost 10, but I am always in there with them and she is not left alone with her sister for more than a minute if I go and grab her pajamas or something. It's just strange.

Quoting StarLight23:

One of the things kids worry about is that they will be sucked down the pipe with the water.

somemore83
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:50 PM
I really wish she could tell me but she doesn't talk yet. Her sister didn't really talk until she was almost 4 and it looks like she is heading in that direction. Nothing hat I can pinpoint has happened that would make her scared of the bath.

Quoting LuLuRex: Is there anything that happened like did someone else give her a bath during that time?

It can be anything really like a bad dream or something she saw on TV.
StarLight23
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Does she by any chance draw? She could draw maybe what is scaring her.

She does understand everything you say though right? Since she isn't verbal?

Quoting somemore83: Unfortunately she is not verbal enough to tell me why she's scared. I am the only one that gives her a bath, but she usually takes one with her sister that is almost 10, but I am always in there with them and she is not left alone with her sister for more than a minute if I go and grab her pajamas or something. It's just strange.
Quoting StarLight23:

somemore83
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:08 PM
No she understands everything I say to her, she just doesn't want to talk. She says words here and there, but not enough to even tell me she's hungry... She mostly just says one word at a time. Her sister was the same alway. Hopefully this is a phase she's going through.

Quoting StarLight23:

Quoting somemore83: Unfortunately she is not verbal enough to tell me why she's scared. I am the only one that gives her a bath, but she usually takes one with her sister that is almost 10, but I am always in there with them and she is not left alone with her sister for more than a minute if I go and grab her pajamas or something. It's just strange.

Quoting StarLight23:

StarLight23
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Oh okay. So she doesn't like to draw on paper.

Is the water temperature okay? Maybe she doesn't want to have too cold of water?

Quoting somemore83: No she understands everything I say to her, she just doesn't want to talk. She says words here and there, but not enough to even tell me she's hungry... She mostly just says one word at a time. Her sister was the same alway. Hopefully this is a phase she's going through.
Quoting StarLight23:

Quoting StarLight23:

chevysworld
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:13 PM

mine is scared of the water on her head and wont let me wash her hair at all she wont even do it 

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe some new bath toys?
goddess99
by on May. 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM

What about trying a shower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)