Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telescope for preschooler?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM
  • 19 Replies
We are looking for a semi inexpensive telescope we could use with our almost 4 year old to introduce him to astronomy. He is very interested in the planets, space and stars. we want to encourage it as much as we can. We try to go out to look at the stars before bed on clear nights, and feel this would add to it. Anyone have experience buying kid friendly telescopes? He would obviously only be using it with us right there helping.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but I would check educational stores like lakeshore learning or other 'teacher' stores for kid friendly ones.
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM
We have one my sister gave us. I will try to remember to look at the brand
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 8:01 AM
You might check used on ebay too
goddess99
by on May. 18, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Look on Amazon and read the reviews. That's how I buy everything like that. Great gift idea!!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 18, 2015 at 8:24 AM

This & good luck :)

Quoting collinsmommy0: No, but I would check educational stores like lakeshore learning or other 'teacher' stores for kid friendly ones.

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM
I think that is an awesome thing to get him :)

Maybe try the bst groups on fb for your area
johnny4ever
by on May. 18, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Amazon I would check for one.

yvonne37
by on May. 18, 2015 at 12:03 PM

waste of money.. we got a child one for my son, he used it a little and that was it....by the way, those kiddie ones dont work.  I would get a more professional one and use it with him, you'll get to see more and he can use it for years.

motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:09 PM

look on amazon and get one with good reviews.I think its a neat idea. Better than some random toy they will outgrow in 6 months ( most of my kids toys lol). Get some books too 

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:46 PM

I would probably get a slightly used one from craigslist or ebay since the kid ones don't really work that well.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)