Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nighttime potty training

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:29 AM
  • 21 Replies
How soon after daytime potty training did you start training your LO for nighttime potty training. Also any tips on training LO to go poopy in the potty is greatly appreciated too.
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Is your LO waking up dry? That's a good sign to start trying.
sunflowers80
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:14 PM

I let the kiddos determine the nighttime pt. My daughter was very quick to figure it out, my son, not so much. They wore pullups until they were dry. With my son, we'd wake him up to go potty before we went to bed, but for him, it's just taking longer. #2 on the potty is in there own time too! Try a rewards system. Bless your heart, this phase goes by quickly!

mommato2lilmonkeys

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:19 PM

I started about a week later

Bella__Kiwi
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:22 PM
My DD is 3 in August and she still wears a "trainer" during her naps and during the night. She rarely wets the diaper during her nap so I'm going to try and let her go without one during those times. She still pees in her diaper during the night so I'm going to wait until she starts waking up to go potty or stops setting the trainer.
suleeann0601
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Do you put them in a diaper or pull up do go to bed.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM

I never did anything. When they had quite a few days of waking up dry. I tried underwear and saw how it went. Pooping is hard for some kids. You just have to keep it positive and wait till they are ready.

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM
We just stopped drinks about an hour before bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:20 PM
I never did anything. I did child led training, and they pretty much self trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Capemom01
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:31 PM
With my daughter she wore pull ups for a while after she did great during the days. After a while she was waking up dry and so when we ran out of the pull ups I stopped using them and she has done great. I was so nervous to stop pull ups at night even though we had never used them in the daytime but it went great. Of course a few accidents here and there but I expected more
AmiJanell
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is almost 7 and still wets at night.... his pediatrician says it's something they just grow out of, not something they "learn".... they just stay dry.   He's been potty trained since he was 2 1/2. 

My daughter who is now 2 1/2 stays dry more often at night than my son (she is not potty trained yet)

For poop... I don't know, both of my kids were more into pooping on the potty before learning to pee.... so it just happened on it's own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)