Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training almost 2year old

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM
  • 19 Replies
So in a few weeks i want to potty train my almost 2year old ds. He will be 2 september. I want to give it a try.
See i forced my oldest and it was bad idea. So i let him be and he trained himself and was in undies by 2.5years old. My middle just decided at 2.5years old he didnt want diapers and was in undies.
My now youngest speaks up to 20 words. He grabs himself when he pees, and if he has poop he grabs and wants it changed. He comes with me to the potty but doesnt want to sit on his seat even if i ask him. And when i do pee he will sit on his potty seat with a diaper on or his clothes. I ask him all the time if he wants to go potty and he will come with me and will play around in bathroom. The other day he kept wanting his diaper off and when i let him run in his undies and he pooped he wanted the undies off.

So any tips on getting a almost 2year old boy to try potty training. As i said before i didnt do charts with older boys and they decided when on their own
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yvonne37
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM

looks like he is about to be ready to start.. get him into pullups.. thats what helped me :)

virginiamama71
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 2:01 PM

take away the diaper and start training him. 

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Let him pick out some big boy underwear

sanj1213
by Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Put him in underwear, watch his fluid intake and take him. If he goes great if he doesn't try again
mamamedic69
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Bring him to pick out big boy undies and start training him. My youngest ds didn't want to sit on the potty so we trained him standing up and he did great.

motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 2:59 PM

I am a big supporter of the way you did with your older two. No pressure, no stress let the child lead you to when they are ready. Maybe some small treats would encourage him to try? Dont be afraid to back off it doesnt work and try again later. 

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 3:31 PM
This

Quoting sanj1213: Put him in underwear, watch his fluid intake and take him. If he goes great if he doesn't try again
Gabbysmom615
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 3:56 PM

go buy those pull ups mama! they think they are big girl and big boy underpants maybe he can start now

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This! I don't do pull-ups because I feel they hinder the process.

Quoting sanj1213: Put him in underwear, watch his fluid intake and take him. If he goes great if he doesn't try again
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 5:08 PM
I just let my kids run around bare bottom with the potty chair near by. They did well with that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)