Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: How long is to long for a child to go...

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM
  • 43 Replies

How long is to long for a child to go without their father seeing them?

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gummiebear813
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Well that all depends on the circumstances
Luke8212013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:25 PM

This is too vague to answer. How old is the child, why are they apart, etc? 

wife-4-life
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM
That really is vague.

If the father not in the picture? Is he gone on business a lot? His he dead? Does he work odd hours??

My kids see their dad maybe 2hrs a day because he works later hours. But they see him all day on his days off (1-2xs a week).
937mrsweaver
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM

For me and my family, 24 hours is too long. My son is a daddy's boy and we are married.

chefdanni24
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM
My son is 3 years old and his dad haven't seen him in a month
chefdanni24
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:31 PM
He works third shift but on his off days he told me he has errands to run and he drops by when he is not busy. 24/7 your busy it didn't used to be like this he would always be over before he had to work or after. He barely calls or anything to check up on our son. My son has a blood disease and is autistic.
wife-4-life
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:31 PM
That sucks, I'm sorry. Yeah that's a long time, but it is what it is, unfortunately. :(

Quoting chefdanni24: My son is 3 years old and his dad haven't seen him in a month
wife-4-life
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Are you and his father together? If so then I'd say that is odd, he should be spending more time with his family. If you're not together, I'd say that's a huge bummer he doesn't find his son a priority. Sorry.

Quoting chefdanni24: He works third shift but on his off days he told me he has errands to run and he drops by when he is not busy. 24/7 your busy it didn't used to be like this he would always be over before he had to work or after. He barely calls or anything to check up on our son. My son has a blood disease and is autistic.
chefdanni24
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:33 PM
I understand completely and it is what it is
chefdanni24
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM
He left me when he was stationed in Texas in the army now that he went reserves and has a regular job also its hard as he says. We was together for 8 years and no we are not together. We was trying to work on getting back together but he changed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)