Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Help ASAP!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:10 AM
  • 39 Replies

My name is Trisha Fitts. I am new to this group but not the website. I currently have a 4 year old little girl named Grace Fitts. I need some big advice on a few things with her. Right now we are trying really hard to potty train her but it seems like she doesn't want to be train. She is a really smart little girl she knows all the steps to using the potty she just doesn't want to sit there long enough until she actually goes. I have try everything in the book I have gave her something that she enjoys to play with all the time. We have told her she can have these frozen stickers only if she goes pee pee in the big girls potty but that hasn't worked either. Does anybody else have any good ideas for me to try? She use to be a hold on her browels but we got that under control now so she is old enough she really needs to be potty trained she will be 5 years old in December.

I also need advice on Grace's behavor. She has a very bad habit of running from me and my mom. Right now me and her daddy Robert are currently Separated due to some legal mess Robert did to me. Robert was very abusive towards me and Grace has seen some of it and heard all the yelling we use to do to each other. I don't know if that has a fact of her behavor or not. In the mornings before she leaves the house for school it takes me 20 mins to help her get dress when it is suppose to only take me 5 mins. I have try to put her in time out but that doesn't work she refuses to stay in timeout or she will start yelling really loud. Now does anybody have any advice how I can get this bad behavior under control now while she is young before she gets any older.

I am a first time mother and Grace will be and only my child.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:59 PM

You should talk with a professional about this.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:40 PM
What does she do when she's in underwear? I would put her in underwear & not use pull ups at this point......maybe continue them at night for a few weeks but she shouldn't be in diapers or pull ups at 4.5 years old.

It's normal for kids to not want to follow directions.....at 4, I would leave it up to her. If she wants to go to preschool in pjs, then let her one day....she likely will not want to and will get changed before you leave the house.
oryxx31
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't really have potty advice, but I do advise you to take yours and your family's full names off your post. This is a public forum and there are many crazies in internet land.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!

Quoting oryxx31: I don't really have potty advice, but I do advise you to take yours and your family's full names off your post. This is a public forum and there are many crazies in internet land.
TrishaA24662010
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Well yesterday she gave this mommy the biggest heart attack. The owner of the daycare that she attends called me here at home flipping out really bad. Grace had this bright idea she wanted to stand up in the chair instead of sitting down so while she was standing up she fell out of the chair not catching herself very well. She knock both of her two front teeth totally out. So I rushed up to her daycare and rushed her to the ER room. The ER doctor checked her out really good for me no major damage except for those two teeth. I gotta take her to see her dentist on Monday morning. She is staying home from school today her mouth looks really bad and she woke up several times last night in pain. The hospital did give her some pain meds. I hope she learn from this and starts listening when somebody tells her to do something. I cried all the way to the ER room seeing all that blood yesterday.

sanj1213
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Only advice I have is to be consistent with discipline.
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Welcome Trisha, I think it's best to speak with a professional about this

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would contact her dr for a good therapist. Seems you both could use one as you have been through a lot

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Welcome to the group! :) I would talk to her doc and maybe a family counselor.

LaniBee
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I would probably start some form of counseling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)