Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for "Big" Christmas Present - 5 year old boy

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM
  • 32 Replies
I know it's still a bit early yet, but I'm trying to get shopping done since I'm pregnant and due in January. DS's birthday is two weeks before Christmas and he's getting Lego Dimensions as a present for that.

I'm at a loss as to what to get him a his "big" present for Christmas, something in the $150-250 range. We went to Toys r Us and he made his list, but there was nothing really wow - mostly Legos.

Great grandma got him a bike last year and he got a tablet as his big present last year.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitKatt27
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

A big present I used was a trampoline. I'll put a link of the one we got. I have 2 kids ages 2 and 8, so it had to be one that both of them could use. The weight limit on this one is 100 lbs. and it is about 5.5' tall. 3 feet in diameter. It is just right for inside the house. It's in our living room at the moment, but I plan to move it into the kid's room when I finish organizing. When my son was younger we had a small ball pit, so I have plastic balls left from that. The kids like to throw them in there too, since it is completely enclosed they stay put and they wrestle in them.

Here is the link to the one we got, but there are all different varieties and sizes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064G8LLE?keywords=toddler%20trampoline&qid=1445901192&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:47 AM
Since he loves Legos maybe a building area/table (this may also help for when baby is here and crawling around).
CheerioHolder
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Mobile Photo

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 8:20 AM

I was going to suggest everything that you already mentioned! lol. My dd got a dsi when she was 5.

LaniBee
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM

I guess it all depends on what he's interested in. I don't think there is any point spending money on something he won't play with. If he wants Legos, I think the previous suggestions for a play table is a good idea. Good luck! 

.Angelica.
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:21 AM
I agree with the above suggestions. Our maybe a swing set if you have a yard?
yvonne37
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM

how about a giant lego box. get a big box and stuff it with all the lego toys he wanted..   you could also put in it the lego movie and small presents as in pj's, t shirts, etc..

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM
lego train set
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM
annual passes to a museum
splatz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Wow that is a lot for one gift in that age range. The only things I can think of in that price range were already mentioned... trampoline or a swing set. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)