Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you/will you transition from crib to toddler bed or regular bed?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

My kids both went from the crib to a regular bed and I added bed rails. 

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeacefulPoet
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We had a convertible crib, so we took the one side off and lowered the matress to make it a toddler bed, but he didn't like it and slept on the floor. A friend of mine was upgrading from a twin to a full in her guest room and gave me the twin (barely used) and I put it in his room. He loves it. Kids are different. I never used a bed rail on either the toddler bed or the twin.

athorne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 8:34 AM
I have a convertible crib/toddler bed and it worked out great. I took the railing off of my 4 year old's crib when she was about 18 months or so and did well. No bed railing just a few blankets on the floor incase she rolled over on to the floor. When I found out I was having my son, I transitioned her to a spare full size bed and she loves it. I just put the rail back on once my son was born. He's 10 months and I have already had to lower the mattress a little bit before I know it, the matteress will be at the lowest it will go and then I will have to take the railing off again. 😊 They grow so fast.
Family42cya
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:32 AM

With all 4 we did crib to toddler bed my oldest son was 5 when he got his first bed. my oldest daughter was 4 before she got her first twin bed my youngest boy was 4 but thats when my boys got a bunk bed and my baby girl finally got her toddler bed a week ago.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM
My 4 yr old went from a crib to a Toddler bed at 1st but now we cosleep my middle Brother in my youngest son Jacob 4 yr old bedroom.
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:47 PM

I took my sons crib out of his room and put his mattress on the floor for a while. He had horrible night terrors where he would be up running around. SO for peace of mind we took everything out of his room so he would not get hurt.

he got a car bed at 3, it fits a crib or twin sized mattress. He hated it for the longest time and i would go in and see his matress back on the floor some nights. lol

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:52 PM
Our 3 year old was switched to toddler bed right after she turned 2. Just feel like a twin is way too big for her. And she is also in our room with us as well. So it just made more sense to have her in toddler over twin. Once we move her to her own room in another year or so, we will put her in twin.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Lol! No, we bed share. I do/did have a convertible crib though. When we moved last year, we did convert the crib into a toddler bed. My daughter still sleep with us so one day, we'll convert the bed into either the day or full size. 

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I am just going straight to a twin bed this time around.
With my older two we put off buying twin beds because we got toddler beds handed down to us! It was great.

novella0708
by Member on Apr. 1, 2016 at 3:08 PM

My daughter went from crib to a toddler bed. But my husband built her bed himself. It cost us $30 to make. 

When my son is ready for the toddler bed (not anytime soon, we're bedsharing, and he's 6 months old), we'll get her a twin bed, and move him to the toddler bed. 

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM

My son went from a crib to a twin. My girls from a crib to toddler bed. The crib switched in to a toddler bed, but when my son was little we needed it for our second child so he went right to a bed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)