Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your kids give up the naps?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:35 PM
  • 22 Replies

My son is 3. He still naps. He NEEDS to nap. Heck, I need him to nap! lol...but when he does, he won't get to sleep at night until 10pm or so! If he doesn't nap, he's dragging at around 5:30 and if i don't keep him busy he's bound to fall asleep...and then I AM DOOMED. Soooo, my question is when do you know that naps are done with?

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:43 PM
Both my Boy's Tyler 13 n Jacob 4 yr old both at about 2 or 3 yr old I think.
melindabelcher
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:48 PM
My oldest napped until 3.5
second was never a big napper.
Third still naps and she's 4
Fourth naps and she's 1.5

I try cutting down the nap time and making sure nap time isn't to late if it's affecting bedtime
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:01 PM

My son was 4 and it didn't affect his bedtime at all. He'd be asleep by 8:30-9pm even if he tok a 3 hour nap during the day.

My daughter was 2 when she stopped because she would be up all night  if she slept at all during the day.

My son only stopped because his little sister did. I wasn't ready at all! I went from them both taking a nap at the same time, to neither of them napping. It was a huge adjustment. My daughter went through a similar thing as your son. When she first stopped taking naps away so would be exhausted ny 5:30- 6. Within a few weeks she adjusted and her bedtime became 7:30-8pm.

wife-4-life
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:33 PM
My 3 yo still takes a 2hr nap and goes to bed around 8/8:30pm.

My 4-1/2 naps sometimes and has the same bedtime.

My almost 6yo doesn't nap at all since she started school.
athorne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 8:40 AM
My daughter stopped taking naps when she was about 3. She always took very short "cat naps" throughout the day back then. She goes to pre k twice a week and thier naptimes are about 1 1/2 hours or so. She will be full time next year so she will be napping a lot more or at least having some "quiet time" in the afternoons.
mama2b100808
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM
We gave up nap time at 18 months. And she slept much better at night.

Quoting MarchMamaBear:

My son is 3. He still naps. He NEEDS to nap. Heck, I need him to nap! lol...but when he does, he won't get to sleep at night until 10pm or so! If he doesn't nap, he's dragging at around 5:30 and if i don't keep him busy he's bound to fall asleep...and then I AM DOOMED. Soooo, my question is when do you know that naps are done with?

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM
My 2 oldest quit napping at 22 months. My youngest is 19 months now and more days than I'd like, he skips nap. He goes from 6am - 8pm no problem. So I'm guessing he will drop then completely soon.
sanj1213
by Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Ds was 2
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:52 PM

My oldest stopped at 3 and my youngest is currently 3 and is still napping for about 2 hours and she gets to bed at 8.  I drop her off early to daycare at 6:30 a.m., so she is tired after lunch and recharges from 12-2.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Think mine were around 2 or 3 .. maybe have him have a shorter nap :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)