• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Field Trips

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM
  • 65 Replies
How do you feel about your preschooler going on field trips?
Do you always go with?

Ds1 is autistic and in a special program and don't go on trips.

Dd1 is in prek, they have a filed trip this week for a safety thing. And then next week to the apple orchard.

With the police fire fighters ect this week we are letting her go. Siblings can't go, so I can't go and dh has mandatory work. But neither one of us are really ok with her going next week without one of us.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I am grandmother and if my son or daughter-in-law can't go on a field trip, I chaperone instead.
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I let mine go. They had fun
yvonne37
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:34 PM

i always go with mine... especially at that age.  does she know about the trip? would she be sad if she dosent go?

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM
We don't have any family that lives near us, closest is 6 hours away. Wish that were an option

Quoting mrswillie: I am grandmother and if my son or daughter-in-law can't go on a field trip, I chaperone instead.
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:37 PM
No she doesn't know.
And anybody not going just doesn't go to school so she wouldn't see them leave without her or anything.
They are rescheduling it since its outside and supposed to rain all day tomorrow. So should be in time for DH to get his background check back in for him to be able to go

Quoting yvonne37:

i always go with mine... especially at that age.  does she know about the trip? would she be sad if she dosent go?

yvonne37
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM

oh ok, good :)   I was going to say that if none of you can make it i would just keep her home and maybe do a special activity with her and her brother :)

Quoting lilmama8408: No she doesn't know. And anybody not going just doesn't go to school so she wouldn't see them leave without her or anything. They are rescheduling it since its outside and supposed to rain all day tomorrow. So should be in time for DH to get his background check back in for him to be able to go
Quoting yvonne37:

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
LaniBee
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM
We let ours go. My girls always had a good time.
samscrazykids8
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM
The school my kids attend, they don't do field trips until they reach 3rd grade. I never attend them.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM

My daughter just started and they have a couple this year. If I can't attend, I'll still let her go. She goes to a district preschool and I happen to work for the school district so that makes me feel a bit more comfortable. 

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM
She still needs a booster by law
So it's making me very nervous for her to be on a bus.
She's not afraid of strangers and likes to wonder off

Quoting samscrazykids8: The school my kids attend, they don't do field trips until they reach 3rd grade. I never attend them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)