Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food allergies

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

Do your little ones have any food allergies? What kinds of food are they allergic to if they do?

DS had a lactose allergy from ages 0-3. He was diagnosed at 6 months and had to use a special type of formula. From ages 1-3 he used a lactose free milk and eventually grew out of the allergy.

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anotherandree
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:16 PM

My oldest had a lactose sensitivity, too, when he was younger but grew out of it by kindergarten.  Too much dairy still makes him sick but I think too much makes anyone sick!

Khooks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:01 PM
My oldest is lactose intolerant. He never grew out of it.

My youngest is as well but not as bad and I believe she will grow out of it. She doesn't have any more allergies but she does have a sensitive stomach and certain foods will make her grumpy and have loose stools. The main ones are peaches, mangos, and carrots.
Sassym0m24
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Lactose and sweet potato but he grew out of them at age 5.

I think he's a Celiac but he's got SO much other stuff going on that I want to get a handle on before worrying about allergies.

(I'm talking about the child of mine that does have those issues even though he's beyond prek age now).
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 1:33 PM

I never realized how many kids were sensitive to citrus fruits. My son never had issues, yet one of my former daycare kids would have loose stools if he had anything with the slightest amount of citrus in it.

Quoting Khooks: My oldest is lactose intolerant. He never grew out of it. My youngest is as well but not as bad and I believe she will grow out of it. She doesn't have any more allergies but she does have a sensitive stomach and certain foods will make her grumpy and have loose stools. The main ones are peaches, mangos, and carrots.

Goldensun1
by Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Dd has a lactose allergy as well.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Nothing to foods. My oldest and youngest have allergies to medications. My youngest is like me. Way to many allergies to medications. It's hard to find something that will work for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)