Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

left out

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

Today I dropped my DD off at preschool. 2 moms were talking about one of the girls birthday parties on Saturday My dd hear it and kinda looked at me like do I get to go too?!? Well sadly she wasnt even invited and she plays with the girl at school all the time and the mom and I take our other kids to a play group together every week. Just kinda disappointed she wasnt even invited. How would you explain it to your child that most of her classmates are going to a party but she wasnt invited? 

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Maybe her Mom could only invite so many due to the expense of it, sometimes you like people more than they like you, maybe they didn't think you would like what they going to do on their birthday.
Northern.Maple
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

This is just the start its going to happen a lot as she gets older and she will do it to others as she has parties, its not always possible to invite everyone, kids need to learn this and at an early age. My kids get to invite so many kids and I have the final say and some kids that are in the class don't get invites simply because I do not want them in my home. It is what it is.....

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:07 PM

I agree. There are also expenses for many parents to consider as well.

Quoting Northern.Maple:

This is just the start its going to happen a lot as she gets older and she will do it to others as she has parties, its not always possible to invite everyone, kids need to learn this and at an early age. My kids get to invite so many kids and I have the final say and some kids that are in the class don't get invites simply because I do not want them in my home. It is what it is.....

delanna6two
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:35 PM

Be quick in your answer and just try to kinda move on in the conversation so you're not giving time to dwell on it...hope all will work out..

Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM
Just say they're having a family party and that you have plans that day and move on . Not Every kid will be at a party either cause of being choosy who comes or finances.

Quoting Tiny_tott:

Today I dropped my DD off at preschool. 2 moms were talking about one of the girls birthday parties on Saturday My dd hear it and kinda looked at me like do I get to go too?!? Well sadly she wasnt even invited and she plays with the girl at school all the time and the mom and I take our other kids to a play group together every week. Just kinda disappointed she wasnt even invited. How would you explain it to your child that most of her classmates are going to a party but she wasnt invited? 

Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM
Kj could have a class of 15-20 when he starts going to school he will be 3 this year so probably go this year but I'll invite like 5-8 kids . 10 Max if he really feels he wants 10 but I'll try and talk him down to 8 .

Quoting Tiny_tott:

Tiny_tott
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 10:23 AM

I get its expesive since i have kids and throw parties myself that isnt the issue its that there are 5 kids in her class! everyone but her was invited and going. I get that its just the start I'm not stupid I was simply looking for ideas on how to tell a 4 year old why out of the other 4 kids (since the 5th kid is the bday girl) she was the only one who didnt get an invite. 

shiarhars
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM
Like the other ladies have said it could possibly be finances or perhaps location or they simply didn't want to invite her. I know it sounds mean all you can do is try to no dwell on it. Tell her that she could be invited this time but maybe next time she will. Change the subject quick so she doesn't think too much about it. Half the time mine doesn't even care that much even when she does get invites.

Quoting Tiny_tott:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)