Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons dad is a special kind of sorry *venting*

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM
  • 45 Replies

My ds is a little over 2 and a half, his dad has been in and out of his life since birth. His dad has the potential to be a great dad but he gets involved with the wrong people and pushes his sons to the side. I try to be a forgiving person and overlook the times he hasn't been there but his crap the last few months has been way overboard. Some of you might have read my post about my ds not wanting to go his dads and you will understand the things that have pushed me over the limit. Well I went and filed for child support recently, when "he" went into the office for his appointment he told the caseworker that he doesn't think ds is his! I immediately texted him and asked him what his problem was. He told me I was sorry as hell for going after him for child support!!! I told him that I was sorry he felt like me asking for his help to support his child was sorry and I also let him know how pissed it made me that he was even pulling this mess. He told me if I was so sure ds was his then I shouldn't be mad. I'm livid for the fact he is questioning ds after almost 3 years, he never expressed to me he had a question about ds being his, also for the fact I will be missing work due to this childish crap. I wasn't sure where to post this but I needed to vent about it.

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:39 PM
Tey not to let him get to you he is just projecting the feelings he has for himself onto you. It is a coping mechanism. Do what is best for your son and keep thinking of it as a business transaction!
othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:46 PM

It can be so frustrating.

Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:11 PM
Thats a hard situation
Personally o don't deal well with people going in and out of my kids life you're in our your out.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:15 PM
It's probably just a tactic to try to weasel out of paying child support or to drag it out and make it difficult out of spite. The truth will come out.
teresa87
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM

It just makes me livid that he is saying that and ds looks as if he was chewed and spit out by his dad.

Quoting ablackdolphin: Tey not to let him get to you he is just projecting the feelings he has for himself onto you. It is a coping mechanism. Do what is best for your son and keep thinking of it as a business transaction!

teresa87
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM

We believe that it is his new wife that is causing the issue.

Quoting othermom:

It can be so frustrating.

teresa87
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:52 PM

I'm normally that way but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was out the first time due to "personal struggles" (alcohol) and I was trying to support  him in being a good father and get the help needed, which he has the potential to, I've seen it. The most recent time he was out was due to the new wife we all believe. 

Quoting Stevensmomma: Thats a hard situation Personally o don't deal well with people going in and out of my kids life you're in our your out.

teresa87
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Oh it is definetly out of spite. He has made comments to me about the car I drive and the clothes that ds has on when he comes to his house and other petty things. His remark has always been if you can afford that don't think I'm giving you a dime in child support. Me and (his new wife) have 8 other kids to take care of. 6 of which are hers the other 2 are his, which he isn't currently supporting either. I told him that it wasn't my choice/issue he was with someone who had 6 kids.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: It's probably just a tactic to try to weasel out of paying child support or to drag it out and make it difficult out of spite. The truth will come out.

boymommyaz
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Get a court ordered paternity test so he can't say he doesn't want to take one then after it shows he's his if he is then go back for child support or just sat forget it and just go it on your own with everything. Sometimes that happens

Quoting teresa87:

My ds is a little over 2 and a half, his dad has been in and out of his life since birth. His dad has the potential to be a great dad but he gets involved with the wrong people and pushes his sons to the side. I try to be a forgiving person and overlook the times he hasn't been there but his crap the last few months has been way overboard. Some of you might have read my post about my ds not wanting to go his dads and you will understand the things that have pushed me over the limit. Well I went and filed for child support recently, when "he" went into the office for his appointment he told the caseworker that he doesn't think ds is his! I immediately texted him and asked him what his problem was. He told me I was sorry as hell for going after him for child support!!! I told him that I was sorry he felt like me asking for his help to support his child was sorry and I also let him know how pissed it made me that he was even pulling this mess. He told me if I was so sure ds was his then I shouldn't be mad. I'm livid for the fact he is questioning ds after almost 3 years, he never expressed to me he had a question about ds being his, also for the fact I will be missing work due to this childish crap. I wasn't sure where to post this but I needed to vent about it.

teresa87
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM

DS is 100% his and we have an appt for a paternity test Thursday morning, orderd by DHS. I was talking to a co-worker and she said that he will have to pay for the paternity testing and the court cost due to him being the father and he signed the birth certificate when DS was born.

Quoting boymommyaz: Get a court ordered paternity test so he can't say he doesn't want to take one then after it shows he's his if he is then go back for child support or just sat forget it and just go it on your own with everything. Sometimes that happens
Quoting teresa87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)