Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nanny Log?

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM
  • 22 Replies

So I just hired a "nanny".  She will only be here two maybe three days a week from 9am till noon.  We mainly need her so that I can rest and do my work and homework while she takes care of my toddler.  I'm 7 months pregnant and am close to being put on bed rest, therefor just need the extra helping hand.  

I have been looking every where online about the Nanny Logs and just don't know which to get, how to put it all together etc.  Does anyone have one?  TIA

by on May. 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Member on May. 16, 2017 at 7:46 PM

What is a Nanny Log?

soontobemomof_3
by New Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:14 PM

It's a way to enhance communication between you and your nanny/babysitter.  Daycare's use them.  I would write on it basically what time DS woke up, ate, last diaper change and then she would continue with that information while he is in her care and add to it activities that they did, learning, etc.  Also a section for emergency contacts and medical info etc.  

There are just so many things out there that have the same yet different info on them and wasn't sure if someone had a prefereance?  

Quoting Azure:

What is a Nanny Log?

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:25 PM
I think keeping it simple is best. Too many things might get confusing or tedious to keep up with.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM

I would check on Pinterest for daycare log sheets. Since she is there for just 3 hours, do you really need her to put down what she has done?  I would instead make her a do list so if there are things you would like her to do while she is there.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:16 PM

check Pinterest?

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:12 PM
When I did home daycare I used an app called baby connect. It kept track of when/what they ate, used the bathroom, activities.
soontobemomof_3
by New Member on May. 17, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Really!  I saw this, but didn't want to pay the $5.00 without being sure!  Did you like it, would it also be a good app for me to continue using when we no longer have a nanny? 

Quoting Alexsi1: When I did home daycare I used an app called baby connect. It kept track of when/what they ate, used the bathroom, activities.

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2017 at 3:17 PM
I LOVED it. I was able to keep in contact with the parents with it. It was super convenient and easy to use. I totally recommend it.

Quoting soontobemomof_3:

Really!  I saw this, but didn't want to pay the $5.00 without being sure!  Did you like it, would it also be a good app for me to continue using when we no longer have a nanny? 

Quoting Alexsi1: When I did home daycare I used an app called baby connect. It kept track of when/what they ate, used the bathroom, activities.

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Maybe on Pinterest?
othermom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Maybe on pintrest or just a simple notebook and write down what has happened for the day and have her add what she does with him during the hours she is there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)