Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby problems

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:10 AM
  • 18 Replies
I have a 2 year old dd and am 11 weeks along with number two. I think my dd thinks that the baby is a strange game her daddy and I decided to play. Normally it's not a problem but I'm having trouble with her bouncing on my belly and when I tell her to stop cuz she'll hurt the baby she just giggles and tries to bounce more. I don't know how I can get her to understand that the baby is real and that she really can't bounce on me.
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allycally
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Sit up and dont let her.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:54 AM
There's a cute book "Mommy, What's in There?" It goes through different animals that are pregnant and in the end shows Mommy with a baby in her belly. Also get her a present from the baby.
w0nd3rbr3ad
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:00 AM
1 mom liked this

If you can  change your phrasing to "I won't let you do ....." and then stop her before she can complete the action it will eventually lose its appeal.  It doesn't create the same challenge for her as saying stop it or no.  It is more a statement of what is going to happen and then follow through.  Once she sees the consistency, she will no long see it as a game and therefore no longer wish to "play"

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:44 AM
Keep telling her no and when she starts bouncing take her off your lap
Luke8212013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:04 AM
Stand up and walk away- distract her and do something else.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:50 AM

I agree with the others,
Tell her no, stand up, distract her .. good luck :)

Azure
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Yep, distraction should work well. Kids that young sometimes don't really make the connection before they can see your belly growing.

othermom
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM

I would change how you tell her, just say no to jumping on your belly it hurts and if she tries sit up

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM

Quoting Azure:

Yep, distraction should work well. Kids that young sometimes don't really make the connection before they can see your belly growing.

Yes, this

mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 7, 2017 at 1:31 AM

I agree with the above, distract her and don't allow it. I don't like my children rough housing at all, even not pregnant I don't want my almost 2 year old jumping on my stomach. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)