Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird or no? Update

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2017 at 5:16 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son took a very casual gymnastics/ballet class for 2-4 year olds during the month of July. I signed him up because
1. I couldn't participate and had to be out of view (thought it would be good since we are starting preschool very soon)
2. It was $10/class!!
3. The teacher taught my sister
4. Most importantly my son loves music and dancing
We strongly considered signing my son up for more classes this fall- he really liked it! but decided against it since he is starting preschool 3 days/week and he is going to be a big brother very soon!
We figured all of the adjustments was enough for everyone. I said maybe we could sign him up for the next session or even try something like karate in the spring.
I was going to write the teacher a thank you note and let her know we were not going to sign up but also saying thank you and how much our son enjoyed the class. But...my dh thinks it's weird and to just let it go, or just text her.
Why do you guys think? Sorry that's longer then I expected it to be haha!

Update:
Thank you to everyone that replied, I did write a note on a card and sent it the next day after I wrote this post. :)
by on Aug. 7, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbigove
by on Aug. 7, 2017 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I think a handwritten note is a GREAT idea. It's personal and shows that you actually care. We live in such a technology driven world that we often forget people appreciate the time it takes to find a card and a good pen and a well thought out thank you. She'd probably put it up next to her desk or on her fridge. I say these things because I would appreciate a thank you note and I would hang it up. It's not weird, it's polite. 

sunshinepraying
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:57 PM

I think she would really appreciate the letter.

sunshinepraying
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 9:58 PM

I agree!

Quoting abbigove:

I think a handwritten note is a GREAT idea. It's personal and shows that you actually care. We live in such a technology driven world that we often forget people appreciate the time it takes to find a card and a good pen and a well thought out thank you. She'd probably put it up next to her desk or on her fridge. I say these things because I would appreciate a thank you note and I would hang it up. It's not weird, it's polite. 

mikesmom65270
by on Aug. 7, 2017 at 10:32 PM

That's not weird. It would be very nice to write a note to the teacher and I think she would enjoy knowing how you feel.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 7, 2017 at 10:58 PM

YES, I agree, I love getting handwritten notes

Quoting abbigove:

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:01 AM
I think it's a great idea to write her a note
Azure
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:40 AM

I think it's nice and that we need a lot more nice in the world right now.

janessa27
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:54 AM

I think it would be a nice gesture. DH has been coaching for over 10 years, and the small gestures like that mean a lot:)

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:12 PM
I think it's a nice idea.
mnmo3bb
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:42 PM

I think a note is fine! Reminds me of end of the year thank you's to teachers :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)