Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 year old bed wetter scared of airplane toilet, 10 hour flight

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm taking a flight with my 3 kids from Seattle to Orlando to visit my grandparents and go to Disney (offered by them). It's going to be nearly a 10 hour flight and we're probably going to be traveling for around 12 hours. I've flown with my kids before a few months ago for the first time on a much shorter flight from Seattle to Boise and my oldest ended up wetting himself midway through the flight. When I went to go take him to the lav to get changed he nearly cried and I had to take him out, luckly one of the flight attendants let us go around to the back corner and change him there.

I'm really concerned because he wet's the bed at night and at nap time and we have a plastic sheet on his bed. I also have to fight him to use public toilets when we're out in public because of the auto-flush which I don't have time for at the airport! I was hoping to find out if anyone else has this problem and get some advice from other moms.

by on Sep. 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NearSeattleMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 2:54 AM

Have him wear disposable underwear if you're that concerned.

Good luck.

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM
i would maybe do a pull-up. But still encourage him to go. We did that flight with my daughter when she was 2 1/2, but we were still in diapers at that point.

Even Disney might be tricky if he doesn't like using public restrooms.
rainbowbabymom1
by on Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Use a pull up.

Quoting Amylan:

I'm taking a flight with my 3 kids from Seattle to Orlando to visit my grandparents and go to Disney (offered by them). It's going to be nearly a 10 hour flight and we're probably going to be traveling for around 12 hours. I've flown with my kids before a few months ago for the first time on a much shorter flight from Seattle to Boise and my oldest ended up wetting himself midway through the flight. When I went to go take him to the lav to get changed he nearly cried and I had to take him out, luckly one of the flight attendants let us go around to the back corner and change him there.

I'm really concerned because he wet's the bed at night and at nap time and we have a plastic sheet on his bed. I also have to fight him to use public toilets when we're out in public because of the auto-flush which I don't have time for at the airport! I was hoping to find out if anyone else has this problem and get some advice from other moms.

Khooks
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 4:24 PM
I don’t think there’s much else you can do but go back to diapers while you’re out. I’d keep taking himcand encouraging him to go but I wouldn’t want to be changing wet clothes or dealing with that stress.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)