Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

23 month old won’t eat

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 2:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
I need some serious advice, I am at such a loss on what to do with my dd and her eating habits. For the past month I can barely get her to eat any of her meals, she will take 2 bites and then be done but as soon as snack time rolls around she will eat that stuff no problem as long as it’s fruit snacks or crackers. She doesn’t have a texture issue or anything like that, we just recently got her up to the weight she needs to be at and I’m afraid if she keeps doing this she will become under weight again. Any ideas on how I can get her to eat her food?
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmiJanell
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd cut out all junk... for sure no fruit snacks (which are candy), no crackers, cookies... anything like that.  And only water between meals no juice or milk. 

If she is a snacker, I'd give just small snacky meals throughout the day. 

Give a small breakfast.

Then a healthy snack... maybe some yogurt and fruit

Small lunch

Healthy snack like veggies and dip and some cheese cubes

Small dinner

and another healthy snack, maybe peanut butter toast or something like that

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:23 PM
Per above
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2017 at 2:43 PM

Sounds like normal behavior. Some days my daughter barely ate and other days she acted like I never fed her. I would just give her healthy options to graze at her convenience. Like cheese/crackers, fresh fruit/veggies, cereal, oatmeal, etc. I always offered her regular meals but had a small plate out as well if she wasn't interested.

PaisleyBirds
by Member on Oct. 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM

Get rid of the snacks.  I had to do that with mine because they just can't seem to fit in even a small snack and still have room for much meal food, so the snacks were the ones to go.

Rlmori2010
by Member on Oct. 28, 2017 at 9:35 PM
We took snacks away and she still won’t eat.

Quoting PaisleyBirds:

Get rid of the snacks.  I had to do that with mine because they just can't seem to fit in even a small snack and still have room for much meal food, so the snacks were the ones to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)