Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter forced to touch own poop

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 8:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
OK, I just want to get opinions. A week ago my 5 year old is in the car crying saying she is sorry but didn't want to listen and do what the teacher told her to do.I asked what the situation was. She said she had to poop and her teacher was upset because it was a "big poopy" and wouldn't go down So instead of using a plunger like any adult would do, she had my did put on a glove and put her hand in the toilet and mash up her own poop.This is a toilet she shares with 20 other kids. She said she needed another glove to do it better but was refused one and got poop on her other hand. Then was told to wash her hands, but not helped in doing so. Now I was livid. DH was livid. dd was traumatized and was just randomly repeatedly saying, "I didn't want to put my hands in there but she made me". We went and talked to the director and she pulled the teacher in and the teacher admitted it and apologized but very reluctantly (gave is sorry excuses....busy...DD playing musical toilets and thinking clogging the toilet is funny and they had to get the kids outside for play). We told her it was unacceptable and said that we want to know this will never happen again. The director said she'd do her part in making sure of that. My dd still loves this teacher. We all decided to let this go this one time and start fresh that day, last Monday. A close friend of ours said we should either make sure that lady is fired or and/or sue them.She is concerned for my dd's well-being, as am I but DD seems fine and DH thinks if we continue to make this a bigger deal the more it will stick out in DD's memory. I can see both sides and I am still angry at the teacher. This is a reputable daycare/preschool and I have had zero issues so far and have a coworker whose kids have both attended in a different class but have been treated very well there for years. What are your opinions?
by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khooks
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:53 AM
I would’ve definitely wanted her fired. That’s disgusting and cruel. I probably would report it to licensing and the health department. I did daycare for 5 years and if you think that’s okay you should not be teaching. They’re lucky you didn’t call the news.
Boogiefly
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 12:30 PM
I agree. I thought about and am still thinking about complaining to the health department. But we want my daughter to be effected by as little as possible.She would be sad if her teacher was fired over this and still very much loves her. My husband thinks she made a big mistake but shouldn't have to ruin her life over a one-time mistake. But he said if it should ever happen again, for damn sure we will sue and maybe even call the news.

Quoting Khooks: I would’ve definitely wanted her fired. That’s disgusting and cruel. I probably would report it to licensing and the health department. I did daycare for 5 years and if you think that’s okay you should not be teaching. They’re lucky you didn’t call the news.
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry, but that is terrible. I don't think I would be comfortable allowing my DD to continue to be taught by that teacher.
Boogiefly
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:42 PM
I know. And I don't but my dd loves her and when we told her what we had planned to do (have her fired) she was very upset and said Noooo!!!! She loves her teacher. So we just made a deal with the director that as long as she makes sure my daughter never has to so that again we wouldn't call anyone or demand her to be fired. This was all said on front of the teacher.

Quoting mrsniebo: I'm sorry, but that is terrible. I don't think I would be comfortable allowing my DD to continue to be taught by that teacher.
AmiJanell
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 6:17 PM

That is SICK! I'd be pulling my child from that daycare.... wow. 

I could MAYBE see having a child clean up their poop if they had intentionally pooped on the floor or smeared poop around or something nasty like that.... but reaching in a toilet to unclog it!? WTF!? No. 

She'll learn to love a better teacher... 

Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 6:56 PM
Omg i have no words for this i would be furious if my 5 yr old ds was forced to do this !!!
AzariahsMother
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, I would be calling EVERYBODY I could to report this person. This is NOT ok at all. There wouldn’t even be a questions/consideration I would be calling.

I’m so sorry this happen to your daughter. It breaks my heart to see and hear there are people in this world like that.
bballnurse
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:11 PM
That's disgusting! I'd report her and demand she be fired before yanking our 4 year old out of that preschool so fast it would make their heads spin and I wouldn't be sending either of her younger sisters to that preschool either.
Khooks
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:34 PM
I understand your preschooler loves her teacher but I don’t think she’s old enough to understand or make those decisions and she needs to understand that people who love and care for them would never do something like that or make them feel that way.
Boogiefly
by Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:26 PM
I agree, but it is a long story...we have already moved her a few times due to other bad things that have happened. This place was the best one up til this happened. She has two teachers in the room and this one she really loves. I don't want to cause more issues for her than this already has like her believing this whole thing was her fault and that is why she had to lose her favorite school and teacher.

Quoting Khooks: I understand your preschooler loves her teacher but I don’t think she’s old enough to understand or make those decisions and she needs to understand that people who love and care for them would never do something like that or make them feel that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)