Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes Active Husband

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 1:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my Dd is 4 and wonderful and so is the husband however sometimes he is not as attentive when I need him any suggestions will help . He is a good dad but irritating and snappy when he is tired he also has post traumatic stress disorder . He cooks and picks things up from the store but has a attitude sometimes and I grew up with that I don't want to deal with it in my house .
by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bebe11
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 4:55 PM

Has your husband been to a counselor for the PTSD? I would also suggest he see a doctor.  There are many people who suffer from PTSD and other anxiety disorders.  Read about all of them in this article and see how you might be able to help guide him in the right direction to get the help he needs.  I know you want to do whatever you can to be a positive influence on your daughter and husband.  I pray that your husband gets the help he needs!    

tink887
by Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 7:57 PM
Thank you

Quoting Bebe11:

Has your husband been to a counselor for the PTSD? I would also suggest he see a doctor.  There are many people who suffer from PTSD and other anxiety disorders.  Read about all of them in this article and see how you might be able to help guide him in the right direction to get the help he needs.  I know you want to do whatever you can to be a positive influence on your daughter and husband.  I pray that your husband gets the help he needs!    

Rlmori2010
by Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:11 PM
My husband has PTSD among other things from his time in the army... I highly suggest getting him into therapy. As far as his attitude I would talk to him about it. My husband used to huff and have an attitude anytime I asked him to do something, he also would not ever want to go to any of the kids school things. I just quit asking and sis those things alone, it hurt him and we finally talked about it. Since we talked about his “tude” he has been a lot better, and therapy has been helping a lot.
Momof4156
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I suffer from PTSD and it's very hard to function sometimes because any little thing can set you off. Try to talk with him and explain to him how you feel. Suggest to him that you need him and you need his help and if things are to much for him that he should speak to someone. Because it will help him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)