Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have a great opportunity with a great company but it involves me going away for training for 9 weeks straight. I have a 2 1/2 year old, 3 teenagers and my husband in the house. Problem is my husband works overnights. My mom said she'd keep the baby at her house for the 9 weeks with my dad and my 18 year old daughter who lives there now for college, but they are in NY, I'm in SC. I'm torn! I'm concerned for obvious reasons. My mom and dad are great, my oldest daughter is great, and she loves them all very much but it's not home and her normal routine. Then again it's a great opportunity that would really help my family out and yes 9 weeks is a long time for a 2 year old but it will go by quickly and I can FaceTime numerous times a day.... Ughhhhh help! What would you do??
by on Feb. 13, 2018 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 4:30 PM
I say let your mom have the baby for that time I am sure it would be wonderful bonding time for her to see her grandbaby!! Go take the opportunity and let your mom help out!
Khooks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 5:31 PM
I personally couldn’t leave my two year old for 9 weeks, but many families make those situations work.
cherishedgal
by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 11:14 PM

Wow, it sounds like a great opportunity.  I'd have to know that my hubby was in full support of me doing this.  This is not going to be like leaving the 2-year old over a week vacation with the grandparents, 9 weeks is a long time if they aren't used to caring for a child.  We kept our granddaughter for a week while mom and dad went on vacation when she was about that age and did pretty good with her but there were a couple of times that she started crying for momma that I wasn't sure she was going to quit.  I think if mom and dad had face time it would have been worse to calm her down after they hung up.  I think you just need to talk it out with hubby and decide what is best for your family. 

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM

It does sound like a great opportunity but my concern would be uprooting your daughter for the nine weeks. Can you mom come to your home? If not, I would probably get a sitter. My DH is military so my little one is used to him being gone for long periods of time. But for stability purposes, if I had to leave her, I would want someone in my home.

B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM
If you’re already a working mom, take the opportunity. Trust that your family can handle things while you’re away training.

For me, being a sahm, I couldn’t do it.
Crogers2012
by on Feb. 25, 2018 at 3:48 PM
If its a good opportunity and you really need it then go for it .

Quoting BBDean898: I have a great opportunity with a great company but it involves me going away for training for 9 weeks straight. I have a 2 1/2 year old, 3 teenagers and my husband in the house. Problem is my husband works overnights. My mom said she'd keep the baby at her house for the 9 weeks with my dad and my 18 year old daughter who lives there now for college, but they are in NY, I'm in SC. I'm torn! I'm concerned for obvious reasons. My mom and dad are great, my oldest daughter is great, and she loves them all very much but it's not home and her normal routine. Then again it's a great opportunity that would really help my family out and yes 9 weeks is a long time for a 2 year old but it will go by quickly and I can FaceTime numerous times a day.... Ughhhhh help! What would you do??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)