Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little had T&a surgery thursday

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 10:31 PM
  • 1 Replies
So my 3 yr old daughter just had her tonsils and adenoids removed on Thursday. Friday night, we ended up at the er because she just couldn't keep anything down. After a trip to a different er, who just sent us home with a glass of ice water, and several calls to the ent, we ended up at a good hospital who looked her over and promptly admitted her for severe dehydration. Poor baby had been trying to drink and asking for food (which we couldn't give due to not keeping fluids down).
It's now Sunday night. She's much improved, but still refusing to drink at times because she's scared she will vomit again. They are sending us home in the morning if she Co tines to take in fluids. She only had to have pain meds once today.
What has me scared is that we are nearing the 5-10 day mark when the scabs begin to come off. I have read enough horror stories online to give this mom severe panic and anxiety. The drs said she has to stay hydrated because dry throat and dehydration is one major cause of bleeding when the scabs come off. What if I can't get her to drink at home? She refused for several hours here, that's why we had to stay another night. I live 1 HR from the hospital, so it's not a quick trip to get here. I'm so scared and I cannot quit worrying and thinking about it.
Anyone else been thru this with their little? Please please no scary stories, I'm terrified already. No one ever posts about the good experiences, so I'm trying to show myself it's not all bad horror blood filled event
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mommytoaboy714
by on Mar. 29, 2018 at 4:09 PM
Have her pick a special cup or give her popsicles.if not go back to ER or children's hospital

Quoting Tigressarah: So my 3 yr old daughter just had her tonsils and adenoids removed on Thursday. Friday night, we ended up at the er because she just couldn't keep anything down. After a trip to a different er, who just sent us home with a glass of ice water, and several calls to the ent, we ended up at a good hospital who looked her over and promptly admitted her for severe dehydration. Poor baby had been trying to drink and asking for food (which we couldn't give due to not keeping fluids down).
It's now Sunday night. She's much improved, but still refusing to drink at times because she's scared she will vomit again. They are sending us home in the morning if she Co tines to take in fluids. She only had to have pain meds once today.
What has me scared is that we are nearing the 5-10 day mark when the scabs begin to come off. I have read enough horror stories online to give this mom severe panic and anxiety. The drs said she has to stay hydrated because dry throat and dehydration is one major cause of bleeding when the scabs come off. What if I can't get her to drink at home? She refused for several hours here, that's why we had to stay another night. I live 1 HR from the hospital, so it's not a quick trip to get here. I'm so scared and I cannot quit worrying and thinking about it.
Anyone else been thru this with their little? Please please no scary stories, I'm terrified already. No one ever posts about the good experiences, so I'm trying to show myself it's not all bad horror blood filled event
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)