Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My daughter has all of a sudden developed HUGE attitude

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:36 PM
  • 24 Replies
Everytime she is asked or told to do something, we just get this huge scene.  Complete with yelling and screaming and in the end....just ATTITUDE!!!!  I am at my wits end with this!!!!
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmomof2
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:40 PM
I hear ya! my 2 year old son has that same attitude! i don't know what to do about it anymore! nothing works! he's stubborn like me! he scares me! LOL
Tiffany040
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:44 PM
They say when you buttheads with your child that is because that that child is the most like you. My son and I clash all day long. So don't feel bad it's not just you... I just go and sit on the porch while he is in his room and give me sometime to calm down...  Tiffany
mariposamom
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:50 PM
We absolutly refuse to reconize fit throwing, it worked with the older ones and they just know to do it and if they do throw a fit they still have to do it and have consiquinses, time out, grounded ext.  depending on age.  hope it helps
Mommyx2BG
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 6:51 PM
           I'm having the same problem with my 3yr old...she hasn't been obeying me recently and it's just getting worst...I had to call my hubby at work 3 times yesterday because she would not listen and just kept telling me NO!!! ( My hubby has this secret  power..LOL!!! she does whatever he tells her to do without talking back) I dont know what to do, she gets time out but thats about it...I guess I'm going to start taking toys away.
Bills_Girlie
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 7:50 PM
I was thinking it was just because he's my stepson...i've been stepmommy since he's been 1. All of a sudden terrible attitude. Glad to hear he's not the only rotten child.
shyannsmomma
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 8:29 PM
my 2 yr old has started the fit throwing and arguing recently i spat her bottom and she gets over it most of the time
hyattmomof3
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 8:40 PM
my four year old has a major attitude sometimes. She gets in one of her moods and will not listen to anything we have to say. She will keep saying NO im not doing nothing. I usually just ignore the attitude or tell her shes not speaking nice and then she'll usually stop when shes not getting the response she wants.
jkdesigns
by on Jun. 5, 2007 at 8:46 PM

I can totally sympathise!!! My son started throwing major fits and generally having a bad attitude about everything for awhile when he turned 3. We pretty much made sure that he did not ever get what he wanted afted throwing a fit, and it eventually started to improve. In the meantime, tho, I suffered thru some very loud and embarrassing trips to the grocery store.
ohiomommy
by on Jun. 6, 2007 at 12:25 AM
my 5yr old has the same attitude i told her if she didnt get an attitude adjustment soon she was going to have to move out b/c she acts like she is old and knows everything...and this only started when she graduated pre-school
vanessadalton25
by on Jun. 6, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Is she two? Thats what happened when my boys turned two it was like an evil twin possessed their bodies.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)