Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

2 year old Bday party Goodie bags

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 9:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
What did you guys put in in your childs loot bags at thir 2 year old Bday? We are doing an Elmo themed pool party and so far I got elmo coloring books w/crayons, Elmo bouncing balls, and we are going to get little bags of goldfish. I just wanted some other things the bags are SO big to fit the coloring books. Any Help?
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2crazykids
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 9:31 PM
I went to the Dollar Tree and got sunglasses that come in a 4pk.   and other little toys that came in packs.  $1 for each pack was cheaper than buying things individually.   Other things:  sidewalk chalk, candy, toys, jewelry.  Our town has dollar tree and deals, where everything is just $1.  I'm not talking about Dollar General or Family Dollar.  I hope you know what I mean.
meltess
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 9:36 PM
i hate getting or even buying goody bag junk has i call it.  all those cheap toys that don't even last the length of the party.  gor my daughters party i went to the craft store and got a foam hat for every one and stickers, and they all had to decorate a hat.  we were at the park so it also helped to keep track of every body.  then i bought a bottle of bubbles and they could take them home after.  then the bas i put home made playdough in the colors of the party in those lite glad wears and a  not pad the letter of their name.  just easy stuff.  for my son first party i am just making up some cute cookies and puting them in the bag something that matches the theme of the party.  if you need more ideas please message me i have a ton.
truetrini
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Quoting meltess:

i hate getting or even buying goody bag junk has i call it.  all those cheap toys that don't even last the length of the party.  gor my daughters party i went to the craft store and got a foam hat for every one and stickers, and they all had to decorate a hat.  we were at the park so it also helped to keep track of every body.  then i bought a bottle of bubbles and they could take them home after.  then the bas i put home made playdough in the colors of the party in those lite glad wears and a  not pad the letter of their name.  just easy stuff.  for my son first party i am just making up some cute cookies and puting them in the bag something that matches the theme of the party.  if you need more ideas please message me i have a ton.
I agree.  The toys with the junk irk me.  My SIL and I usually put things like crayonsand small cont of playdoh.  Most of  the bag is usually filled with granola bars and welch's fruit snacks, goldfish crackers,etc.  You go to BJ's or costco and buy them by the case.  It's not too expensive
jeremysmom04
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Rather than do a lot of junk toys, for my son's birthday, I'm doing a small Dora notebook ($1 at Target) a four-pack of crayons (0.20 at WalMart), sidewalk chalk to have fun with at the party, bubbles, and fruit leather. The bags don't need to be full, I think you've done a great loot bag so far!
christinaliu
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Bubbles are always a good choice--I haven't met kids who don't like bubbles yet! LOL

Also you can sometimes find the mini-canisters of play-doh.

Since it's a pool party, you might consider inflatable beach balls. Online stores like Oriental Trading Company and U.S. Toy are good places to look for stuff like that in quantity (to keep the cost of the goodies down to a reasonable amount)

Oh--and stickers are always popular too! They don't have to be Elmo stickers--2 year olds love stickers of any kind.

(I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old--so I just realized that I've actually already planned 8 birthday parties--and did goodie bags for all of them)!  My personal philosophy is to avoid candy (love the Goldfish idea--Animal Crackers are a good choice too)...and also to give something that will last longer than the car ride back home!  LOL 

Hope this helps!

--Christina

Group Owner, Asian and Pacific Island Families Forum

Group Owner, SCUBA and Snorkeling Moms

Ryno
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 12:07 AM
For my DD's bday last year she wanted a pink and purple party.  I couldn't figure out what in the world to do for goodie bags for that, so I made something up.  I bought little buckets (2/$1 at the dollar store) and some potting soil, and we planted pink and purple flower seeds.  She was sooooo excited that when the flowers grew that her friends would remember her bday!  One year we made cookies and let the kids decorate them and take them home and another year we did cups with the party theme and filled them with snacks.  You could do Elmo fruit snacks and Sesame Street animal crackers.  A friend of mine just gets balloons with the bday # on them and ties them to a bag of goldfish, fruit snacks, etc and the kids love it!  Check out birthdaypartyideas.com for tons of other ideas!
happymomma6105
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Gabe just had his 2nd b'day & for the bags we put individual bags of goldfish, animal crackers, bubbles, a washable crayon, & color sheets that I printed from Playhouse Disney website, & then each boy got a hot wheel car & the girls got a little pony (they were like My Little Pony but the Dollar General Brand). The kids really enjoyed their gifts. Have fun & I hope everything goes well.

Momontherun2
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 8:46 AM
I went to the dollar store and bought sand buckets with shovels and used those as my goodie bags they fit a lot in them including coloring books!
dulce23628
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 8:51 AM
You can put some Elmo fruit snacks, a couple kid safe suckers, bubbles, stickers, etc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)