Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Many toys or just one?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 7:51 AM
  • 14 Replies
My daughter has never set her heart on one toy to love for too long.  She never had that attachment.  She has MANY special "babies" and as long as she has one of them, or sometime a few, then she is happy.  Does your child have that one special thing or lots like mine?
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JHeidelbauer
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 7:54 AM
Deacon has his Dez dog, a husky puppy he sleeps with everynight and sometimes we have to take him everywhere with us. Sometimes he adds his stitch stuffed animal or a favorite car but Dez is always a favorite. He's had him for about a year, Deacon is 2 1/2.

hrdezurik
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 7:55 AM
Both my kids play with all their toys. They don't have a favorite. My son plays with trucks. My daughter plays with babies, bears, ponies etc.

Heather from Minnesota
Liansmommie
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Lian has a few favorites like his trains and his books. He will play with other things but these are what he always goes back too. What he is never with out though is Topper his peguin. It is a combination best friend and little brother. I promise you it has a personality all of it's own. In addition to sleeping with Lian and guarding him from bad dreams and boogie guys ( I have no idea where he came up with that) it tells us when it doesn't feel well, or when it's angry or sad or happy. In the picture below it was misbehaving so Lian put it in time out. He wouldn't leave it there alone though, he stayed for the whole time so Topper wouldn't get lonely. I had to laugh , Lian set the timer 20 mins even though his usual time out period of 3 mins was clearly marked and sat there until the timer went off. I have found how he treats the penguin is an easy gauge on his own emotions. For instance, the time out period here came after Lian had gotten into severe trouble several times over a very short period and after it was over he was able to go play quietly.

LVmycam_n_bella
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 8:19 AM
Well my son I guess for right now would be his little Lighting Mcween car. He takes it everywere and sleeps with it. My daughter it would be any kind of teadybear, she love her bears. She has like 8 of them, But does not have a fav.

Carella   

mommy2asm
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 8:22 AM
Each of my kids have to have their blankies.  They have had since Day 1.  They are very attached to them.  My DD also carries around her dolly.
jdrsmom4eva
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 8:53 AM
JORDAN HAD HIS HOT WHEELS CARS AND NOW HIS PLAY KITCHEN. THAT HE CAN SPEND HOURS PLAYING WITH
tiffrw
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 10:28 AM
for both of my girls it's a special blanket my oldest daughter she's 2 and her blanket she has had since birth and it is literally hanging on by 2 threads and my youngest is 1 and she has also had hers since birth and it is a winnie the pooh quilt
DAWNMC
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 10:32 AM
My daughter has never had a favorite blanket, toy, anything.....
she plays with lots of different stuff all the time. I thought it was kind of strange that she didnt pick a blanket or stuffed animal when she was small...
ShelbiG
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 10:36 AM
My son has his one and only Bo Bear.  He's loved him since he was a baby and he CAN NOT sleep with out him.  Bo has been lost at the zoo... left behind at Grandma's, left at the doctor's office 30 minutes away... and I always HAVE to go back for him.  Nothing else will do or take his place... we've already tried another bear for emergencies, no dice.

LRidley05
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 10:46 AM
Alex is 22 mths and he has a Elmo that is the same size as him. We cant go anywhere without Elmo, he even has underwear(since we are potty training) and clothes on. Elmo has to come with us to the potty and sit there with Alex. Hannah is 9 mths and she really isnt attached to anything, she has a soft purle cow that she sleeps with but, when shes awake she wants whatever her brother has. Lots of fights!!:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)