Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Piercing Ears

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am not sure if this has been brought up. I tried to go back aways. But what age do you prefer to get your daughters ears pierced? I would really love to do it, but my husband won't let me. He said she would have to wait until she is old enough to say she wants earings. I got mine when I was in preschool!
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2_two
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:25 PM
There have many posts about this in other groups. I have 2 girls (5 years and 11 months). The older one asked to have her ears pierced about 3 months before she turned 5. I will not pierce my younger DD's ears until she asks for it. I figure it is their body so I am not gonna put any holes in it that they didn't ask for. I was 10 when I asked to get mine done. JMO
airam1002
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:28 PM
I know some people wait until their kids have their first set of shots!  But I think that you can do it as early as 3 months, check with  your Dr they will be able to tell you some Dr.'s even do it in their office.  I know mine does.

Maria

Mom to 3 little devils

ladybuglantz
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:28 PM
I originally thought DD would look adorable with her ears pierced.  Then I read  a post about babies pulling other babies earrings out because they are pretty.  I hadn't really thought about that.  If I ever get her ears pierced I have decided to wait until she requests it.  I got mine pierced when I was 8 and it was a fiasco!  I didn't get them re-done until I was 14.
VivianasMommy
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:35 PM
My Daughter was 9 weeks old when we got hers done. She had her first set of shots if I remember right. I remember I got into a big fight with a lady when she was getting them done. She said what I was doing was cruel to children. The Doctor had said it was better to get them done when they are real small so they do not pull at them and get them infected.
msmarilynj
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:36 PM
I got my ears pierced @ 4 months. I have 3 younger sisters (ages 19, 13, & 11) who got their ears pierced @ 4 months as well. Three of us have 2 or more holes in each ear. (The 19 yr old prefers tattoos.) I'm not saying that if you pierce them early that they'll wanna get more. (Some parents are scared of multiple piercings.) We just opted to get more. (I may be a bad role model for experimenting w/ multiple piercing! LOL!)
kjemattos
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM
my daugther got hers when she was 15 months, i wanted to do it earlier, but i wasn't driving before and everytime we had a dr's appointment the nurse that did it wasn't there. then we move to wichita and her pedi did it himself, she hasn't had any problems and she will never remeber.
snugglybugglys
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 4:43 PM
My oldest dd we got her ears peirced when she was 9 months old...her ears ended up getting infected when we changed them...so then we waited until right before she turned 4. She was literally begging to get her ears peirced. She had a ton of fun going and picking out what earings she wanted. She's had them peirced now for about 6 months....and is doing great. She still twists her earings, like she had to when they first got peirced. It was fun! :)
mommyof3quties
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 4:46 PM

My husband decided to pierce my daughters ears at 15 months.  I wanted to wait but he said she would be fine.  Now I kind of regret doing it because she has a tendency to pull her earrings out at night because she plays with her ears when she sleeps but I can't take them out yet because they will close up.  I think getting them done at a young age is ok.  I just hope you have a daughter that doesnt' mess with her ears when she sleeps.  I've had about 4 different sets in my daughters ears so far.  She HATES when I have to put them in her ears.  She fights me the whole way.

Trini
by Member on Jun. 30, 2007 at 4:49 PM
I got my daughter's ears pierced when she was about 4 months.My husband held her, she may have cried for 10 second.She is now 4 and she never bother the earrings.At first we were afraid she would pull on the  studs that they use to pierce the ear with but she didn't. Now she wears a small loop with a ball on it.I'm glade we did it early because I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 18 .
Momontherun2
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 4:53 PM
My hubby said the same thing. So I waited and at 3 she told me she wanted her ears pierced so I got them done. Actually her little friend had them done so thats why I think she wanted them done. Anyhow it was good that she asked because when it hurt I said sweetie your the one who asked for them and she told the women to keep going...phew...I dont know what I would have told my DH if she came home with one hole:0/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN