Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
I am not sure if this has been brought up. I tried to go back aways. But what age do you prefer to get your daughters ears pierced? I would really love to do it, but my husband won't let me. He said she would have to wait until she is old enough to say she wants earings. I got mine when I was in preschool!
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Replies (21-22):
LuvnMy4Kids
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 1:15 AM
We had our daughters ears pierced when she was 8 weeks old. It was daddy's idea, and I just couldn't handle her crying. So he held her, she was sleeping, and slept through the whole thing! To this day, she can still sleep through anything. A couple weeks ago, we had a tornado, sirens going off, all of us trying to get in our safe spot, she never woke up during any of that either, and our house was SHAKING.

achildsvoice1.jpg 

http://myspace.com/achildsvoice

missginger77
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 4:04 PM
I think that the younger the better. Simply because if you wait to do it when they are say 5 then it will be something new to them and they will play with them while they are healing. If you do when they are babies then when they get older it is something that has always been there and they are less likely to play with the earrings. I did it this way for both of my girls and have had no problems.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN