Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do you understand the word NO??

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 1:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
What is the deal with my kids lately? Everything i say to them just runs through one ear and out the other. I have told my son all day today that i did not want him to have anyone over today. We have had kids here every day this week and i'm tired of being the freakin' neighborhood babysitter! So one of my sons friends come over and i tell my son that he is not coming in that i didn't want anyone here,  once again! So my son goes outside. 5 minutes later what happens. thats right my son just lets the kids in and goes to his room with the friend. I am so mad i wanna just go in his room and start yelling. Should i be mad? Needless to say when the child leaves(whenever that may be) my son will be grounded!!!!! Seriously what is the deal????

'I've learned I can't control the future
I've learned I must forgive the past somehow
Cause we are here only a moment
And life's too short not to live now'
           -Paul Brandt-

by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jdrsmom4eva
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 3:22 PM
my son is 4 and he is the smae way in one ear and out the other i will tell  him not to go on the back patio with out me down stairs and what doe he do atleast 4 times a day go out there
shellbells169
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 3:27 PM
My son is 3.5 yrs. and he doesn't listen. I tell him No and he gets mad and starts crying. He keeps repeating when I tell him NO! I don't have problems with friends coming over because I am a SAHM and he doesn't know anyone. He just aggravates me when I say No. It goes in one ear and out the other. I try and put him in time out and try to distract him to do other things. Sometimes it works.
Yea, I would be mad if my son kept letting all his friends over. Yes, I would ground him if you told him No the first time. No means No! I would politely go in his room and tell him his friend has too leave and that you have other plans for him today. Good Luck!!
Serendipitydoo
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Never forget that YOU are the mom!
I would go in there right now and let the friend know that he/she needs to leave because you need to have a moment with your son.
You are in charge..not him :)
Good luck!!

If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded. - Maya Angelou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN