Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to get my 2year old?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son is turning two in a few weeks.  I would like input one getting him something special.  He loves to play outside, and loves music.  He is to short for a tricycle.  any loved toys of your two year old would be a great help!
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Trucks2005
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:05 PM
does he have a power wheels?  My son has a John Deere tractor that he got for Christmas that he has already worn the wheels off of he rides so much.. everyday he rides it until the battery goes dead.. its an awesome toy!
Schatzi
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:07 PM
oh, my son got the same custome. how funny. well. my son is about to turn 3 this weekend. that year he really got into books. he loves toolbenches and all kinds of tools that daddy could have. my son started driving a bike with 2 and a half so maybe thats an idea for you for christmas. lego blocks he loves building towers with or little cars. but my son even loves to play with dolls.
Simonsmama
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:09 PM
Oh, that sounds good!  We live in the country, and he loves tractors.  Can you tell me a little more about what it looks like and where you got it?  I love the idea of some type of a ride on.  That is why we where thinking tricycle, but he is just too short.
Liveron
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:11 PM
I agree with the power wheels idea. We got a Dora one for our daughter's second birthday, and she still uses it over a year later. Definitely a big hit. It doesn't go much past 2 mph--purchase a helmet, too, for safety.
ritzbitz
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:17 PM
is he into trains? maybe get him some thomas trains! we got our son couple of thomas trains when he turned 2 and now he is hooked! they are great for bribing down the line!:)
Simonsmama
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:32 PM
We have a train table, but he isn't too into it.  I think that getting him a hot wheels and a helmet is a good idea.  Are you really able to get your child to wear it every time she gets on?  My son will keep a hat on for a bit, but the novelty wears off quickly, and he wants it off. 
4mama
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:41 PM
My DD loves her Dora Quad, although she is a little less than skilled in controlling it.  How about a sand/ water table?
Trucks2005
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:43 PM
We got a 12volt so he goes up to 5mph, but it has a lower gear for beginners to only go 2 mph..

We got ours at Walmart for around $200.. but you can find some 6volt ride ons for much cheaper if you don't want to spend that much..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)