Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Dads staying home?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:04 PM
  • 2 Replies

In my family right now I have the better job, so my husband stays home with the girls. He does very well with them actually. He missed being home with our 4 yr old because he worked and I stayed home then, so he loves being able to watch hannah our newest edition grow, and be home with them both.
I know he feels sometimes un-manly because people pick on him calling him Mr mom and stuff, but he is so happy to have the experience.
I miss my babies and it was hard coming back to work after having Hannah in April, but I am managing.
Am I the only one that has thier husband staying home? My husbands grandfather will no longer speak to him because he is old-fashioned and believes the woman should be home and the man works. I mean what type of person would not speak to thier grandson over this? 
Any ideas on how to handle the rude comments? 

by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Trucks2005
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:07 PM
I think its awesome that your hubby stays home with your girls!!  that is something that is special and they will always remember.  don't worry about comments, your hubby needs to enjoy this time while the girls are small.
Schatzi
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:13 PM
i am german and whoever stays home in germany gets still paied to up to 3 years from their job. they are not aloud to fire you and you will get your job back if you decide to come back and work. it is actually very common that dads stay home in germany. i think your husband should look if he can find a group on the internet for staying home dads. maybe there are quiet a bit around your area that he can have a night out with on weekends?!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN