Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Too many toys? Just a thought

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:15 PM
  • 1 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you feel/think that your kid/s have too many toys?

Options:

Yes

No

Yes and No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

sometimes i tihnk my kids have too many toys and sometimes i think they dont have that many. i never wish they cou;ld have more. my kids share a toychest full of toys and if it ever came to the point that i couldnt close the lid in the toy chest then i definitely would start to do something about it. and they do have a few large toys that dont go in a toy chest but not to the point where i need a whole room to fit them in.

i know some kids who have so many toys and want more and more. i think it is ok to appreciate what you are albe to afford and its good to give your kids what you can but i think also kids need to appreciate what you are able to give them. there are so many kids around the world and even here in the us that would love to have just one toy and dont. its kind of a bitter sweet issue. i think a good thing to do is everytime you buy or get a new toy, its only fair that you give or donate,( even sell if you have to) a toy. that way things even out and they dont get out of control. especially things they have outgrown that just gets in the way of the toys they do enjpy playing with.

by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Simonsmama
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:26 PM
My son has a lot of toys.  But I think that they are more for me than him.  I get tired of playing with him, with the same toys, so i buy new ones.  We have a rotation system though.  I box up 1/3 of them once a moth and take the old box ones back out.  He plays with everything that way. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN