Mother of 6 kid(s)
Location: Gouverneur, NY
Thought Bubble:
This mom hasn't added any Thought Bubbles.
Last Login: 11/29/15

CafeMom Veteran

  • My Groups

  • Personal Statement

    I'm Devon. 31 years old mother to 6 kiddos. I would love to have more kids someday whether by birth or adoption or both. I am married, have been since Aug 2011. We have been trying to conceive since 12-2011. So far we have lost 8 in early mc I am also a widow even remarried I will always be David's widow. I met my late hubby in Aug 2007 from the first day we both knew we had finally done something right. We found our soulmates. We took our relationship very fast and by the nov/dec 2007 we were expecting our first child together, first of many was the plan. Our daughter was born Sept 2008. He was such a proud daddy. Couldn't get that grin off his face if you tried. In Feb 2009 after a long troubling med board where David was almost medically retired for hearing loss we got word his career was safe and we were PCSing. (Army move) we left Ft Sill Ok in Feb 2009 for our dream assignment Ft Carson Co. We found out he was deploying in mid April 2009 so we did our best to pack each day full to the brim of fun we knew it would be a year before we would be a complete family again so we made it count. On 15 April I put my husband on a bus bound for Afghanistan. As a new army wife I was green. After 4.5 hours of setting at the company he went to final formation. As soon as formation let out I searched the sea of camo hoping for one last tear jerking goodbye but couldn't find him. I called his phone and he said he was sorry but he was crying and didn't want us to see that. We went to the window and waved goodbye. Our last time seeing daddy in person alive. As the weeks wore on I got better at this deployment thing. We kept life going and made a count down calendar to count down to home coming. We finally had a set date for R&R and we were so happy. I bought a cute dress and made a paper chain and we waited. On 18 Sept 2009 he called. He made it quick and said he was so sick so he couldn't stay on the phone long. Said to tell our oldest happy 8th bday and he promised to call first thing in the morning our time. On the morning of 19 Sept I woke the kids up and got them ready for the day. Then we waited, the day went on and on and no call, no text, no message. I tried his phone. I tried yahoo. I tried MySpace. I started to get mad. How could he not call after he promised Anna. I did my school work then curled Anna's hair and at 9:27pm that Saturday night I gave up and headed up to bed. Figured he would call at 4am as usual. I got up about 4-5 steps and heard a knock at the door. I thought to myself now who the heck could that be? Walked back down stairs and opened the door to see two men in Class A's. the army's dress uniform. I asked what they needed. I knew in my head what it meant. I was part of the FRG and I knew these things but my mind wouldn't believe it. They said "Are you Mrs Sgt David Davis?" I remember screaming. I said NO!! It's not true. He's ok please say he's ok! Then they started talking. On behalf of the United States Army we regret to inform you of the death..... It got fuzzy after that. I remember my neighbors come over. I remember them asking if I needed to call anyone. I called his grandparents first. Then others. My world stopped. The love of my life was gone. Indirect fire they said. Never happened before they said. They were so sorry. He had been gone all day which is why he never called. A hero gone to soon. We will miss him for ever. I can't even get through that to see where I stopped talking. Wow. 5 years later it still makes me cry. I had people asking back then so I just typed it up, or well tried to.
  • My Likes

  • CafeMom Tickers

    This widget is not fully setup

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN