Hello, ladies! Since I've grown and changed a lot since first joining Cafemom, I thought I should do a new facts page about me. Here's the list of things you need to know about me:
1. I'm a housewife and mother. I've stayed home for going on five years now. My husband and I both love it this way and neither of us are doing anything to change that-ever!
2. I don't husband-bash! I'm very happily married and you won't find me bashing my husband ever!
3. I am conservative as far as my politics go. If you want to know why, just ask me and I'm more than happy to give you my point of view. Otherwise, I don't respond well to bashing, so keep it to a minimum, please!
4. Our son is formula-fed, gets spanked, has a bed-time, has never co-slept, fully vaccinated, circumcised, ect. This is our parenting style and it works for us. We're more than happy with our parenting decisions. Don't tell me what's wrong with my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!
5. We do go to Catholic Church, and we do believe in what it preaches. We aren't Confirmed yet, but plan to be as soon as possible. We're also going to renew our vows in the Church, and bring our son (and any other kids who come along) up to believe in the Church.
6. I listen to all kinds of music-from malt-shop hits from the 50's to disco from the 70's to piano jazz and classical. Anything that has a nice beat to it, and it makes me happy, I will listen to it. My current favorite artist is Norah Jones-I can't stop listening to her CD's!
7. I also love all kinds of movies-though usually not the ones that are coming out today. The Twilight series is an exception! I like the movies I grew up with like John Hughes's movies Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Home Alone, and Home Alone 2, The Breakfast Club; St. Elmo's Fire, Mannequin, Beetlejuice, and of course, all those scary movies-the Friday the 13ths, the Halloween movies, the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, the Psycho movies, and Tales from the Crypt! I'm also a sucker for romance-The Wedding Planner, The Wedding Singer, When Harry Met Sally, Untamed Heart, City of Angels, You've Got Mail, Hope Floats, Autumn in New York, Where the Heart Is, ect.
8. I'm an avid reader. Just about anything that can hold my attention is good with me! I love romance-Danielle Steele novels, and Nicholas Sparks books. I also love horror books (of course)-the Hannibal Lecter trilogy, the Twilight series. And I read political books as well (conservative!). Oh, I'm also a huge Dr. Laura and Laura Doyle fan-I've read their books as well!
9. I love Aromatherapy from Bath & Body Works! I've got all four categories in shower and bath gel-Stress Relief, Energy, Sensual and Sleep. I love nothing more than taking a nice Stress-Relief bubble bath, with my Stress-Relief candle burning, nothing but candles in the bathroom, and reading a book in the tub while I soak! Also, in the morning, I love to take Energy showers-they perk me up more than coffee ever could!
10. I also enjoy writing and painting. I enjoy making a home for my family and taking care of them. I especially love the holidays-all that decorating gets me so excited and makes me so happy! If there is anything else you'd like to know, just let me know!