Getting to be another Christmas without my Dad & the "memories" seem to leak out my eyes more & more again. Driving home from work the other night I was watching the moon-it was this perfect cold night & the moon & Jupiter were lined up perfectly & I think of Dad when I see it that way since it was that way the night he died & I realized my face was wet with tears.
Great day today: my DD & I taught my 83 yr old Mother how to twerk! Was so funny watching her-she kept her tongue in but had a good wiggle going on. She says she's going to really be dancing & shaking it at my DD's wedding next summer.
Feeling quite sad. Oct. 26 will be the one year anniversary of my Dad's death at the age of 83. He died one day after celebrating his & Mom's 53rd wedding anniversary.
* 45 yrs old & from Nebraska
* Married for almost 8 yrs to a hottie who looks only early 50's even though he's early 60's. Yep there's an 18 yr age difference.
* 1 daughter: Allie who's 19 & is in her 1st yr of our local college & lives with friends.
* 1 30-something stepson who lives a couple hrs away.
* Part time Director of the art gallery, visual arts programs, educational programming, gift shops & volunteers for our local arts council.
* Also do merchanding for Foster Grand eye wear.
* Hobbies include: crafting, baking [NOT cooking which I don't really enjoy], wining, game nights with a great group of "couple friends", reading, travelling now that I'm an empty nester, hanging out with my girlfriends, hanging out on Facebook & my computer [I feel so geeky admitting that].
* I met my Best Friend, who lives in Arkansas, on CafeMom 5 yrs ago & there's not a week that goes by without us talking to each other.
* I honestly feel that Humor is what keeps me going sometimes because I'd rather laugh than cry. Trust me: with a father who suffered a massive stroke 3 days after my daughter graduated from high school & my mother in the early stages of Alzheimers & being the only daughter [of 5 plus 3 brothers] who lives in the same state as them. I NEED all the laughter I can get some days.
HippyMomma45 has been tickled 14 times.
ButterflyRose55 smiled at HippyMomma45.