Interests:aspergers, health and fitness, helping others develop their potential, yoga, music, cooking,... more aspergers, health and fitness, helping others develop their potential, yoga, music, cooking, fashion & beauty, reading, decorating, gardening
2. I work as a full-time counselor with youth in the juvenile justice system and their families.
3. I also work on the side as a counselor and work with people of ages with a variety of problems.
4. I belong to a support group for parents of children on the spectrum (about 45 minutes away from my home).
5. I love being a mom.
6. I have learned a ton of information about autism spectrum disorders. I have my own personal library of books, have attended professional conferences on the subject, and have met and talked with professionals in the field. I even met Dr. Shana Nichols in person! She is a top expert in the U.S. on girls on the spectrum!
7. I have a LOT more support now than I used to when it comes to being a mother of a child on the spectrum. I used to feel alone and afraid.
8. I hate it when people judge me or my child based upon their ignorance of ASD's, people refuse to learn more about the condition, and when people remain in denial and refuse to listen to me about Aspergers.
9. Although I like my jobs, I would secretly love to be a stay-at-home mom.
10. My husband was laid off from his job of 23 years in 2008 and is reinventing himself by going to college (he's never been to college before) and getting straight A's (we living in Michigan.....lots of people have been laid off here)!
Saw your note about Church , I am so sorry how devastaing that much have been . Hoping you fine the help & the support you need here on Cafemom , We have been there ............. Sending U my Care , hugs ..