Six things you should know about me:
1) I was a Master At Arms in the United States Navy for three and a half years before switching to the childcare field and becomming a Nanny in Charleston, WV for two wonderful children. Now I am a childcare professional at an early learning center working with one and two year olds. I plan on staying home one day when the numbers crunch just right. On top of working full time, I am also a full time student attending American Military University online. I'm a Junior and should be done with my bachelor's degree in Child and Family Development within a year's time. Then the plan is another bachelor's in Religious Studies while working on my Master's in Education. I'm a busy gal!
2) I have a brilliant six-year old stepdaughter and am also a foster mommy to children of all ages! We have been trying to concieve for about three years with no success due to infertility issues, including PCOS. At this point, we are just going with the flow and not really trying anymore. Instead we are focusing our energy on building our family through fostering, and maybe someday, adoption.
3) I am a Reform Jew who loves going to Temple every Friday night and actively participate in our Sisterhood. I love the study of religion, particularly how religion and science relate, which is why I'm going to continue my education after my current degree plan to explore religious studies more in depth.
4) I am super generous and nice. Unfortunately, there's a lot of drama on Cafemom and I like to avoid it. Please be nice to others. It's easy to be mean when you have a screen to hide behind and don't know anything about the person you are insulting. Think about how your words may affect someone before you type them. There's never an excuse to be mean, and I live by that rule.
5) I have a very unhealthy obsession for "The Walking Dead", "Glee", "American Horror Story," and "Stargate" while still finding time for my "Harry Potter" induced madness. It is what it is.
6) I have bipolar disorder and struggle to maintain stability in my moods. I often have long periods of depression with a lot of normalcy in between. Sometimes I end up on the opposite end too and fly into a mania (sometimes kind of awesome with all the energy I have and the need for less sleep, I can get a lot done!). A lot of people stay quiet about their mental illnesses because they are afraid of other people's opinions and reactions. For the longest time, that was me. If you suffer from mental illness, particularly depression or bipolar, feel free to contact me to talk sometime.
Hey come Check out this Awesome and fun group Super Hero moms :) its brand new and just getting off the ground but so far seems like a awesome group to be in here is the link http://www.cafemom.com/group/118226
you're invited so come join
post what you want to see in a group
anything from humor,sex,debates,gossip
and so much more !
hope to see you there
but not always drama
Coupons,debates ,mommy wars
==Come play with us ==
You can vent,fight get a siggy
*:**make friends or enemies **:*
·´`·Or even show us your sick humor·´`·
Come join us!
Those who support or want to learn!
Hi! Welcome to CafeMom!
Please feel free to join The CafeMom Newcomers Club!
It's a great place to get started, meet other moms like you, and find active conversations!
I hope to see you there!