Interests:beauty & style, charity & volunteering, crafts & scrapbooking, green living, home decorating,... more beauty & style, charity & volunteering, crafts & scrapbooking, green living, home decorating, depression, military moms, education, kids health, potty training, special needs, adopting, trying to conceive, reading, foster-parenting, step-parenting
Sassy Child6 years old
Sassy child enjoys Harry...
Six things you should know about me:
1) I was a Master At Arms in the United States Navy for three and a half years. I am a Nanny in Charleston, WV for two wonderful children and also do babysitting gigs in my spare time on the weekends serving eight different families. I plan on staying home one day when the numbers crunch just right. On top of working full time, I am also a full time student attending American Military University online. I'm a Junior and should be done with my bachelor's degree in Child and Family Development within a year's time. Then the plan is another bachelor's in Religious Studies while working on my Master's in Education. I'm a busy gal!
2) I have a brilliant six-year old stepdaughter and am also a foster mommy to children ages infant to eight years old. We have been trying to concieve for about three years with no success due to infertility issues, including PCOS. At this point, we are just going with the flow and not really trying anymore. Instead we are focusing our energy on building our family through fostering, and maybe someday, adoption.
3) I am a Reform Jew who loves going to Temple every Friday night and actively participate in our Sisterhood. I love the study of religion, particularly how religion and science relate, which is why I'm going to continue my education after my current degree plan to explore religious studies more in depth.
4) I am super generous and nice. Unfortunately, there's a lot of drama on Cafemom and I like to avoid it. Please be nice to others. It's easy to be mean when you have a screen to hide behind and don't know anything about the person you are insulting. Think about how your words may affect someone before you type them. There's never an excuse to be mean, and I live by that rule.
5) I have a very unhealthy obsession for "The Walking Dead", "Glee", "American Horror Story," and "Stargate" while still finding time for my "Harry Potter" induced madness. It is what it is.
6) I have undiagnosed mental health issues. My team of doctos are currently working with me to figure out what my official diagnosis is. So far, names like ADHD and Bipolar have been thrown my direction from the experts, but nothing has stuck so far. Hopefully, we can figure it out soon. There's nothing more frustrating than knowing there's something wrong, but not knowing what it is or how to treat it.
Hey come Check out this Awesome and fun group Super Hero moms :) its brand new and just getting off the ground but so far seems like a awesome group to be in here is the link http://www.cafemom.com/group/118226
but not always drama
Coupons,debates ,mommy wars
==Come play with us ==
You can vent,fight get a siggy
*:**make friends or enemies **:*
·´`·Or even show us your sick humor·´`·
Hi! Welcome to CafeMom!
Please feel free to join The CafeMom Newcomers Club!
It's a great place to get started, meet other moms like you, and find active conversations!
I hope to see you there! http://www.cafemom.com/group/cafemomnewcomers