My name is Pauline. I have 6 children, Christopher(11), Amanda(9) Francesca(9), Zachary(6), Nicholas(3) and Aaron(1). Some things about us...
1. We're a unschooling family and have been for the past 4 years.
2. I believe in natural child birth. My first 4 children were born at a hospital. Some were okay births, some were terrible but I wasn't happy with any of them. My youngest two were born at home. I have strong views on birth.
I'm a DONA trained doula and enjoying it! I hope to help other moms experience the joy of natural birth.
3. I believe in child led weaning. Due to bad choices, lack of support and lying medical professionals my first four children received formula. This is a mistake I will never make again. My youngest two will wean when they are ready. My big nursling is 3 and loves his boobs :)
I'm a breastfeeding peer counselor working toward the 500 hours needed to take the IBCLE exam.
4. I'm working on my Bachelors degree in nutrition.
5. I think the socialization argument with homeschoolers is the silliest thing I have ever heard. I have a journal post about that.
6. I'm pro-life.
7. I am completely against routine infant circumcision. It's amazing our culture is still allowing this to happen. One day I will beg forgiveness to my two older sons whose choice I took from them before I knew better.
8. I believe in gentle discipline. I do not spank my children. I have the brain power to think of better ways to guide them through the journey of their childhood.
9. I find CIO barbaric. I have never participated in this method of 'parenting'.
10. I'm AP. I love co-sleeping and wearing my babies.
* SOURCE: Developed by the National Center for Health Statistics in collaboration with the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (2000). This chart is a general educational tool only, and is not a subsititute for having your child's development monitored by a physician during regularly scheduled checkups.
Happy Birthday! Take lots of pictures on this special day. Learn how to take better pictures by entering in contests, do a showdown, and have some help you along the way. The more you do all this the better you get. Join us at http://www.cafemom.com/group/FancyPhotos
So, ThaMCE is due to have her baby soon, so I started a BlessingWay thread in the African American AP/Natural Parenting Network group. Come check it out, to share blessings with her and her new baby <3