Click on a link to search for moms with the same information
Click on a link to search for other moms with the same favorites
the perfect afternoon nap (with my husband,
without the kids).,
10. I have two new books coming out: One about Mary (Jesus' mother) called "Behold Your Mother: Mary Stories and Reflections from a Catholic Convert" (Bezalel Press), and "Raising Up Mommy: Virtues for Difficult Mothering Moments" (Simon Peter Press). You can find info on both books on my parenting blog "Mommy Monsters" (http://mommymonsters.blogspot.com)
9. I'm an adoptive mother of two former foster children (siblings).
7. I love puttering in the kitchen, and especially enjoy making gingerbread houses.
6. I blog constantly .. for adoptive parents (MommyMonsters.blogspot.com), Catholic seekers and converts (streamsofmercy.blogspot.com) and Catholic women writers (heidihesssaxton.blogspot.com).
5. Before getting married a week before my 35th birthday, I traveled and moved with breath-taking regularity ... Senegal, Poland, California, Minnesota, Jersey, and now Michigan. I've lived here longer than anywhere but New Jersey (13 years).
4. I am a passionate advocate for women and children, especially survivors of domestic violence and other kinds of abuse.
3. Before becoming Catholic, I spent 30 years in the Evangelical Protestant tradition, in a variety of denominations (I have a music background, and played piano/organ and directed choirs since I was 12).
2. I'm a lousy housekeeper, but I try to keep a handle on things most days. My favorite TV program is "Clean House."