We started after dinner. Everyone was talking, but that quickly subsided. Some of the people who are going, weren't there. My son was trying to climb over the side of the deck. MIL and SIL were talking to each other without listening. A lot of food and toiletry ideas were bandied about.
And then it was over.
I flaked. And I have to apologize to lmdb for not urging her to say something. I promised I would.
So I did what I could. I took my youngest BIL aside and asked him to watch his language while we're in the beach house. He totally understood. I'll be talking to the other siblings one-on-one over the course of the next two weeks. It's not much, but it's something I can do to ensure that Lee and I will actually enjoy our vacation.
Does it happen to everyone that when they go back to visit their parents, they are suddenly 12 years old again? Lord knows I become a snotty teenager with my parents when I go down there. My mother becomes a total Type-A Personality when we go visit my grandparents. And I have to say-- my husband becomes a total asshole when we go to his parents' house. I don't think I'm going to be able to spend a week with HIM on vacation, let alone his family.
Here's hoping, kiddos!
Most Liked Posts
- Ever Notice How Gay Parents....
- If your child is severely allergic to something be a responsible parent and do not bring them to a fast food restaurant
- I am aborting my Downs syndrome child at 17 weeks. **UPDATE**
- CHECK YOUR BOOBIES!!!!! A tribute.
- My DH's father got gay married....and guess what happened