OK! So as the title says today started out WAY too early. I didn't get much sleep last night due to noisy neighbors. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was 3:30AM and I have to wake up at 7 AM to take my morning medication for my arthritis and other ailments. See, since September 2007 I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, enlarged liver, elevated liver enzymes, gallstones, fundic gland stomach polyps, two pinched nerves, an improperly healed fracture in my neck and gout on top of the already known diagnosis of osteoarthritis, sciatica, allergies and severe migraines. Thus, I do NOT know what it is like to be pain free. I have been on 7 different meds since September that have to be taken in a specific order as not to interfere with each other and so I must set alarms at various times to take meds. Now the roof on my home has been leaking since the winter and the landlords have not been able because of weather to fix it until now. The guy comes out to do the ceiling repairs on Wednesday and said that the guys would be out to put a new roof on the house on Friday or Saturday at the latest. The truck comes at 8AM Friday and drops the material for the roof in my back drive near my back door and after it leaves I go out to look and see where it is in the back exactly as I have people coming over later that day to bring me stuff. I walk around the pallets to see that people could get through my drive and saw that two pallets of materials were dropped just right so that people had an inch maximum clearance on either side in my drive. What a twit! Then the guys who were supposed to come do the roof Friday didn't come even though it was a beautiful day! Then we had severe thunderstorms that night. Saturday they couldn't do it because of a strong wind advisory. THAT ONE I GET! Don't want them on the roof in the wind. So that brings us to Saturday night with a bunch of drunk arsed neighbors who have no clue what a clock is or where the volume is on the stereo. 3:30AM (I went to bed at 11 PM) I finally got the ear plugs to fit right and the pillow over my head just right so that I could sleep somewhat with my 7 year old in my bed since she was scared of the thumping music that was bouncing her bed. Three and a 1/2 hours later I have to wake up to take my morning meds and I thought I could go back to bed until my 9 AM meds and then back to bed until 10:30 or so. I am just about to sleep and I hear what sounds like the neighbors beater of a car pull in and I ignore it because I am use to it. Within 5 minutes of hearing the vehicle I hear this crash and feel a thump near my bedroom! I am thinking that the neighbor missed backing into his drive and hit my house! I look out my window but don't see anything so I get my glasses on, look at the clock and see that it is 7:43 AM, get pissed and go to the back door thinking that someone is stealing the roofing stuff. I have my phone in hand and are about to call the police because I see this guy and boy messing with the shingles, but then they take a machine off a truck and ladders and another guy appears from the side of my house. The oldest of they guys says good morning while talking on his cell and then I hear him asking the person on the other end "did you guys take a chimney out of this place?" and I realized that he was chatting to my landlords. Now my landlords and I are all Christians and as a general rule we don't do business on Sundays, unless it is an emergency. Like the house is on fire, the furnace stopped working in sub-zero weather, someone broke in .... that kind of thing. So this guy talking to my landlords at the butt-crack of dawn on a was shocking in and of itself! But at the butt-crack of dawn on a Sunday morning was even more shocking!!!! Then this the older guy knocks at the door and I hobble out without my cane to answer the door but because it was so early in the morning I was still hurting and stiff, so I leaned on the doorjamb to take the weight off my joints. I am standing at the door and the guy comes within 6 inches of me to ask me about whether the delivery guy left anything else besides the two pallets, but he was talking loud enough that he could have stood 6 FEET away and I would have heard him!!! I wanted to say, "Dude! Personal space here!!!" but I kept my mouth shut so as to allow the work to get done right for my landlords' sake. A second time he knocked and did the same thing when I went to the door. What is up with this?!?! I held my hand up on the door so as he could see my wedding ring both times so I am not sure if it is just the guy's nature to be a close talker or what, but it weirded me out!!! When I told my SM (soul mate) about the close talker thing he was like "well maybe he just is a close talker like the truck driver at work or maybe he wanted you." OK! I am a 300 pound, fat arsed, 40 year old, grandma who is going gray (really badly) and is physically falling apart! Gimme a freakin' break! If my SM hadn't fallen in love with me BEFORE I put on extra weight, stopped dying my hair and started falling apart quicker, even HE wouldn't want me! The roofer guy was just a freak! ANYWAY!!! I just had to vent and get it out of my system! I think I may go to bed and hope that I can get some sleep.

Add A Comment


Jun. 2, 2008 at 12:19 AM I'm sorry things are bad right now. I understand how u feel. I use to have neighbors who would party all night on the week days.  I get up at 6:00 to get two kids ready for school.  And why would anyone want to start work a 7:00 am? They put it off for a long time, they could not wait for a better time of day? Some people have zero respect of others.

Message Friend Invite

Jun. 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM I think it was rude of them already to not come work on the roof when they said they would -especially since the day was nice. Then to stop by to work on it  really early on a Sunday morning, without letting you know ahead of time that it would be that early, is even worse. I would wait until they got the roof done and then call the company they work for to complain about their business, because right now they are not practicing good business etiquiette.

Message Friend Invite

Jun. 18, 2008 at 6:14 PM

I would be totally mad, not the actual word I would normally use, but I agree that is not good etiquette of any kind, usually I get phone calls just before the work is suppose to commense, I would call the company and ask them about it and then tell them how I feel, even if it means telling them all the health problems you have and how you don't get much sleep with having to take your meds at certain times. I know the feeling, I have osteoarthritis, degenerative disease in my joints, fibromyalgia, pancreatitis, post traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, and a few other things, I have to take more pills than I ever thought I would. I know how you feel when you say that someone just shows up and wakes you up, especially if the night before you had a bad night with pain, I have those alot, when you do finally get to sleep, someone comes in or they are outside, and wakes you up, usually I just get up and stay up, it does make for a long day but I let everyone know before I go to bed that if anyone wakes you up then be prepared to die, my son laughs when I tell him that but he does what I ask. But call the company and give them the riot act!!!! We have your back and you have my prayers!!!!!!!

Mookee's Mom

Message Friend Invite

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in