Lauren Marie Taylor was an extremely loving hippie chick I worked with for a few months at Hot Topic. We connected so hard on a spiritual, positive, motherly level.. At some point she stopped working because of panic attacks.. I hadn't seen her for weeks before I found out that she had drowned.

 She had a daughter a couple years older than my own.. from what lauren told me, she wasn't allowed to see her daughter until she is 18 because her mother had the state take her away. She was writing a book for her..  I couldn't even imagine my mother trying to take my daughter away from me. I can't handle being away from her for a day...but lauren was so positive about it...she was sending her postive energy. 


I admire and miss the shit out of this girl. One day we were working and I was bummed about whatever..She used her break time to go to find me a present to make me feel better. She brought in a super colorful flower fimo lightbulb. No one has ever gone out of their way to do something like that for me.  


i don't even know what else to say.. I am a terrible communicater and you are beyond words.


beautiful colorful light. Way to haunt me.

I wish I got to spend more time with you.

Trying to stay posi for you.

One of your relatives emailed me a few weeks ago via livejournal... but I haven't responded yet..They wanted to know you better and I guess I just haven't been able to respond in a way that would do you justice.

aldfkas;dlofnmwo;nfown e


last year:

CONCORD, N.H. -- The 23-year-old who drowned Sunday, May 27, at Crystal Lake in Gilmanton has been identified as Lauren M. Taylor of Concord, formerly known as Lauren Marie Nicosia-Rusin of Hollis, New Hampshire. Family members have been notified.

Taylor, a non-student, was attending an all-night University of New Hampshire graduation party at a private residence on the lake. According to Sgt. Jim Juneau of N.H. Fish and Game, she was last seen sitting near a campfire at the water's edge by two young men from the party who launched a canoe nearby between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. Sunday.

Later in the day, Taylor's friends realized she was missing and conducted a local search of the area. Taylor's clothing was located on the dock and authorities were notified. The Gilmanton Police Department arrived at the scene at around 1:30 p.m. and requested Fish and Game to respond. A short while later, the homeowner searched the lake by boat and spotted a body at the bottom of the lake, in approximately 9 feet of water, just short of an anchored swim raft located about 75 feet from shore.

At 3:15 p.m., Fish and Game along with New Hampshire Marine Patrol Officers recovered the body, later identified as Taylor. The water temperature on Sunday was about 55 degrees F, conditions in which swimmers can become quickly overwhelmed by the cold. An autopsy is schedule to be performed.

Assisting agencies included the Gilmanton Police Department, Gilmanton Fire Department, Alton Police Department, New Hampshire Marine Patrol and the State Medical Examiner's Office. The incident is under investigation by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department's Law Enforcement Division.

Add A Comment


Jun. 2, 2008 at 2:25 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(


Message Friend Invite

Jun. 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM Thats really sad,I'm sorry for your loss

Message Friend Invite

Jun. 4, 2008 at 11:50 AM

beautiful tribute from you... so sorry to hear about this sudden loss....

i'm here for you if you need anything... 

Message Friend Invite

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in