Well Tessa arrived Friday morning at 7:40 am in the back of an ambulance. Yes, you read correct she decided on entering the world without Doctors. I did not expect it at all everything happened very fast. The night before I was not feeling any contractions I was just peeing a little more than usual, but nothing that would have led me to think I was in active labor. I was already 2 cm dilated, had been for a couple of weeks. Things were going just like they did with Jordan and Jason and I had to have a lot of help progressing with them. Well anyways about 6:00am that morning I started feeling this really sharp pain in my pelvis and knew that when John got home around 7 we would be going to the hospital. I got up got dressed and sat back down on the bed well when I did that I felt this incredible pressure and that's when everything got worse. It felt as if someone was holding a torch to my pelvic bone. I told John as soon as he walked in we got to go. I thought at this time I would be able to walk well he started to change his clothes and the pain started shooting through my legs so I told him forget the hospital you have to call 911 and NOW! I knew she was coming then and we were not making it to the hospital. By this time John had went and got his Mom and she was on the phone with 911 preparing to deliver if the paramedics did not make it in time. When the medics arrived I kept telling them she is coming, she id coming, they kept telling me No she isnt! Well they got me on the stretcher and as soon as they did that her head started coming out, by the time the clicked me into place in the ambulance her head was out the had to unwrap the cord twice and then I pushed a little more and there she was screaming her little head off on the bed between my legs. I never imagined in a million years I would deliver natural let alone in an ambulance. But now that I have delivered natural I think it is better than my deliveries with the epidural. I am recovering so much faster and had so much more energy the first 24 hours than with the boys.

Well I spent 3 days in Barberton Hospital and then Sunday we were released. Well I got to go home But Tessa is still in the hospital. She is okay it nothing that is life or death. She had some problems with her temperature and sugar at first and now because of the medicine I was on during the pregnancy she has to weaned off it. It is going to take a couple of weeks for this to happen. Again it is nothing to be concerned with. Just pray for her to do well with the medicine and come home very soon. It is very hard not having her home but I keep telling myself it is for her own good and she is good hands. It is really hard on John (My DH) who has to work every night and try to get to the hospital for a few hours in the morning and he can only spend a few hours because he needs to sleep to go to work at night and not to mention the amount of money we will be spending on gas. No Family Vacation This Summer! I have told my sons that we will not be doing all the stuff we said we might do this summer because it is going to take alot of our money to get back and forth to the hospital. They are taking this very well they both are upset that she can not be home with us but they seem to understand that we love them the same as we did before Tessa was here. Well going to go spend time with them and John Just remember to pray for us as I pray for everyone all the time.

GOD Bless All!


Add A Comment


Jun. 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM I hope she comes home soon! Congrats on the new little girl!

Message Friend Invite

Jun. 3, 2008 at 5:50 PM congrads!! she is so cute  i hope she comes home soon!

Message Friend Invite

Jun. 3, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Congrats on Tessa being here!! I hope she's home very soon!!

And I totally agree with you... I had my son with an epidural and my daughter without (not by choice) and the natural birthwas SOOOO much better!!  Congrats!  And good luck!!

Message Friend Invite

Jun. 4, 2008 at 9:00 PM WOW what an arrival! Congrats!!!! She is beautiful!  Good luck!!!!!   =)

Message Friend Invite

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in