Here are some pics of our If-Then chart.
This chart has been a true blessing for us. It has helped the kids and myself as well know what the consequences are for an offence. Before it would be whatever mommy was in the mood for or had the energy to follow through with...lol. Now they know if they argue then they will receive additional work (more chores) and/or loss of privileges (computer time, tv time, game time etc.), and then there is no arguing it. Problems is sometimes I hate to follow through with it and would rather just let it slide because I am to tired to deal with it all, but this will only make matters worse! Also the chart has a verse that goes along with what the offence was, and it helps them to understand why it is wrong to do whatever it was they were doing (not just because mommy and daddy think so). We purchased this chart from Titus2 for $6.00 and it has been so worth it!! I plan on laminating the chart at some point but have not done so yet.
Hope this helps someone else half as much as it has me! :)
Another great thing about this chart is that you get to choose what the punishment is. It comes with a sample of the Maxwell's chart and with pre-printed paper so you just cut and paste what you choose for each offense.
Posts with Most Replies
- I'm sooo bored! Who wants to do an AMA post?
- Without going anon, is there anything you can admit that you do that would bring on judgment from many?
- whatever happened to "til death do us part"?
- BM doesn't think we should punish step-child for this...
- Her psychology research final is on Islam **high school** Edited again.