SO my daughter is 15 months old and she has never taken a pacifier. She found her thumb at 3 months old and has sucked it since. I was a thumb sucker when I was little and I know the habit is hard to break. My oldest is 8 and she was a pacifier baby and was really easy to break the habit. Well today I was cleaning out by baby's drawer and I found a pacifier that she never took. It fell on the floor and she picked it up and put it in her mouth. She sucked it for a good 10 minutes while walking around upstairs with me. When she put it is a bowl I distracted her with a toy and picked the pacifier up.
My question is do I let her have it and hope she forgets she sucked her thumb? Would that habit be easier to break or could it backfire and she become addicted to both? I have never known a baby to go from a thumb to a pacifier and vice versa. I was planning on trying to wean her off her thumb at 2.
What are your thoughts and experiences?
Most Liked Posts
- Ever Notice How Gay Parents....
- If your child is severely allergic to something be a responsible parent and do not bring them to a fast food restaurant
- I am aborting my Downs syndrome child at 17 weeks. **UPDATE**
- CHECK YOUR BOOBIES!!!!! A tribute.
- My DH's father got gay married....and guess what happened