Yesterday was Ashley's big 1st b-day party. My parent's came over around noon to help set up. My sister and I ran out to get the cake and pretzel tray. When we got back my parents were gone and my husband shared the sad news with us that our grandfather had dropped dead. Kelly and I drove the 5 min. to my grandparent's house. So sad to see my dad so upset. We had to leave before the funeral directors loaded him into the car - i felt so sick.
We had to go on with Ashley's party because we had family coming in from out of state. We had done so much prep work for the party and it was just a blur. I didn't even take 1 picture of Ashley. Fortunately my sister, sister-in-law and cousins were a huge help. My in-laws came but only stayed for a couple of hours and didn't even offer to help clean up or anything. I was so mad. They know what my family had been through that day!
Hopefully Ashley doesn't have anymore birthdays like this!
Featured Posts in All Groups
- 19 Kids And Counting’ Star Josh Duggar Involved In Underage Sex Scandal After Jim Bob Turned Him In
- Last Days of Spring Fun Photo Challenge Day 5: Yummy Treats!
- How do you know you made the right decision to walk away?
- Memorial Day Giveaway: "What's in your beach bag?" WIN a Summer Gift Pack!!
- What is wrong with this picture? Do you think he is less of a man?