I can't believe it! I'm so happy! I've now lost 20 pounds!!! I wasn't sure I'd get to this point so quickly...and I can even fit back into my curvy Gap jeans that I bought when I was at my lowest weight post-pregnancy. Now I'm at least 5 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight! Woo hoo!
The best part is that I'm not doing anything bizzarre or drastic. I made some lifestyle changes that have been great for both DH and I (he has, by the way, lost about 15 pounds since we both started)! The main thing we've done is:
(1) Eat a protein-rich breakfast (usually an egg Beaters omelette with veggies).
(2) Focus on eating more protein, whole grains, and reduce fat and cholesterol. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
(3) If we eat between meals, it's either almonds, fruit or carrots. Not cookies, Snickers bars, or ice cream. :-)
(4) No high sugar snacks before bed, like ice cream or other sweets.
(5) Drink water, not soda.
(6) Indulging ONCE IN A WHILE and IN MODERATION is OK. For example, at a birthday party, it's OK to eat a SMALL piece of Birthday cake. It's NOT OK to eat two pieces AND finish what's on my child's plate! LOL An occasional soda is OK, as long as we're not drinking them all the time. Still, water is better and we do drink lots of water!
(7) Substitute whole grains and brown rice in place of processed grains and white rice.
(8) Exercise. DH hasn't had time to do any exercise other than household chores, but he does try to stay active. I started out on this journey doing some form of workout every day. Now I'm down to ice skating usually 3x/week. One of those days it's a cardio skate class, the other times I just practice, but I incorporate the cardio exercises when I warm up to skate now. Last week at PT, though, my PT said I need to do some resistance training, so I'll try to pull out my videos and do those exercises at least once or twice a week to keep up my toning as well as weight loss.
The great thing is that I really feel so much better about myself than I did when I was at my heaviest. Not only do I feel better ABOUT myself, I feel so much better physically too!
Thank you to all my friends who supported me at the beginning of my quest, when I was getting frustrated when I hit my plateaus. I'm so happy that I've been able to moderate my food and exercise so that it's part of my lifestyle but it doesn't RULE my lifestyle.
Now that I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight, my next goal is to get to my pre-wedding weight! That's about 10 more pounds, though my ideal ultimate goal is to lose 15 more pounds (that's my ideal healthy weight). But I'm not in a rush. I'm pretty confident now that I'll eventually get there, pound by pound, with 5 pound incremental goals. So my next goal is 5 more pounds. Here we go! Woo hoo!
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Congressional Black Caucus Brings Resolution Condemning Issa, Asks Boehner to Take His Gavel (Video) (Updated)
- This what a Sahm *REALLY* wants you to know, just so you know! You know?
- Being a teen mom is never a good idea
- How important is it to you to do spring cleaning in your house?
- Couple Arrested After Skeleton Of 3-Year-Old Son Found In Toy Chest