RAGU NO FRYING CHICKEN PARMESAN: $2.40 per serving (price includes pasta)
A great recipe for a classic dish with a twist that will help you save time. What could be better?
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu Old World Style Pasta Sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, arrange chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta.
This was the first recipe I tried using the free jars of Ragu I had gotten from Cafemom. Followed the directions exactly but I didnt have seasoned bread crumbs so I used regualr bread crumbs and added italian seasoning.
My family gave it a 5 stars except for my husband, he doesnt like chicken parmesan. It will be a keeper for the nights it's just me and the boys!!