Saturday I was going about business as usual, doing the laundry, cleaning house normal Saturday stuff. I had sorted laundry and thought I checked all the pockets. Some how my son's hearing aid ended up in the laundry and got washed. I pulled some stuff out of the washer and wondered why it was tangled up. As I untangled it I discovered Robert's hearing aid tether wrapped around some clothes with his hearing aid still attached. Bad, Bad, Bad. Now it doesn't work. I have to send it in to Children's Mercy hearing and speech so they can send it out for repair. I'm glad that it can be repaired. What fun. Now Robert will be without a hearing aid for two to three weeks, not good for his speech therapy. It is so much easier to understand what he is saying when he is wearing it.
I felt bad last night when he showed me a picture and was telling me what he drew. It looked to me like a coconut, so that was stuck in my head. He was telling me bowling ball - he repeated it about a dozen times before I finally understood what he was saying.
I felt bad and mad at myself for washing his hearing aid. When we get it back we will have a New routine for taking it out of his ear. I will be super anal about getting it straight to the case as soon as it comes out of his ear. I will not take a chance with putting it in a pocket or laying it down somewhere to get lost. I can't afford to replace it. His cost $1300 brand new.
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: